The Student Room Group

Do GCSE options affect A LEVELS

I wanted to do Media studies but i also wanted to do Drama but i chose Media. Its too late to change options and i really want to do drama. Will i be able to do Drama A level even though i missed the whole GCSE

Some people in my sixth form are doing A Level Drama and they didn't do it for GCSE but they were regularly in House Drama and the school production so the teachers sort of knew how they were!
Reply 2
My friend did drama a level without the GCSE although she was in the school production so I'd get involved with drama related stuff to prove you can do it
Reply 3
Oh ok thanks for replying.
Original post by Callum-B123
I wanted to do Media studies but i also wanted to do Drama but i chose Media. Its too late to change options and i really want to do drama. Will i be able to do Drama A level even though i missed the whole GCSE

Id double check with the school but for some a-levels, you dont need to have done it at GCSE.
YES, the options you pick prevent you from doing certain course at a level such as history or geography and more but a few remain open such as economics and yeah but just make sure you will enjoy the subjects you take

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest