The Student Room Group

How long does Track take to update?

Sorry firstly if this question is in another thread. I received a letter from Nottingham yesterday saying they're giving me an offer and that the details will be on UCAS Track shortly, I was just wondering how long this usually takes roughly?
Reply 1
id say taht if they are giving you an offer do not worry lol just relax, and good luck for the rest
Whenever I've had an offer, track is the first way that I've found out about it. I thought that it updated immediately. However, you only get an email saying that your status has changed at 12:00 and 5:00pm.
Reply 3
Dr Shrestha
id say taht if they are giving you an offer do not worry lol just relax, and good luck for the rest

Thankyou :smile: I'm not worrying as such, it's just that I'm keen to know the conditions of the offer so that I have something to aim for.
Sarzy
Thankyou :smile: I'm not worrying as such, it's just that I'm keen to know the conditions of the offer so that I have something to aim for.
Aim for straight A's is my advise :wink:
Reply 5
It depends on when the university decides to tell ucas, once ucas knows it will update on track immediately. I got an offer from Loughborough 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't updated on track but that's becuase the uni hasn't informed UCAS yet.

greenisgo
Whenever I've had an offer, track is the first way that I've found out about it. I thought that it updated immediately. However, you only get an email saying that your status has changed at 12:00 and 5:00pm.

That's not true i've recieved an e-mail at 11 and many of my friends have recieved e-mails at times other than 12 and 5....i don't think there is a set time for when they send them out even though alot of people on TSR keep saying 12 and 5 for some reason.:confused:
Reply 6
Sarzy
Sorry firstly if this question is in another thread. I received a letter from Nottingham yesterday saying they're giving me an offer and that the details will be on UCAS Track shortly, I was just wondering how long this usually takes roughly?

It says on the Track page it can take upto two days for information to be recieved from the univerisities. And I'd guess its also upto the university to send the info to UCAS straight away. As for the 12/5 thing, Track can be updated at anytime, but the email alerts are sent at 12 and 5. Hope that helps :biggrin:
maisie123
It says on the Track page it can take upto two days for information to be recieved from the univerisities. And I'd guess its also upto the university to send the info to UCAS straight away. As for the 12/5 thing, Track can be updated at anytime, but the email alerts are sent at 12 and 5. Hope that helps :biggrin:

As Lolly-88 said, it's not true that emails are sent from ucas at 12 and 5. When I got my offers I recieved my emails just after 11 and 3. So all this rubbish about only getting emails at 12 and 5 cant be true. But it is true however that any offers will appear on track up to a few hours before you recieve an email from ucas about any changes. I mean it took about 10 hours before I got an email from ucas when I got my first offer (It was updated the night before but I didnt get the email till the next morning).
greenisgo

YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL YOUU!!!

Gah.
Reply 9
I dont think the 12 and 5 thing is gospel, just generally true. I got one at 5:13 that said it was sent at 5 and another at 5:42 so perhaps its just generally at that time. Or twice a day ?
This is not true
Original post by Veequarts
This is not true

It was in 2006 which is when this thread dates from.
Then UCAS started sending batch emails at 2 points during the day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending