Help with writing AS Latin Literature Essays Watch

phoebeg76
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm taking Latin AS level on OCR and I'm just terrible at the essays on the literature side! I normally have the points I need to write, but actually getting them down in a way that gets me the marks is really difficult
If anyone who's taken the course or is taking the course has any suggestions, that's be awesome Really want to pass in the summer haha
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
mariekn0x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg I feel you on so many levels. I'm doing it as well and it's so hard

I just do it by how many points i get down. so for the 10 mark i do 7 good points, and the 8 mark 6 good points ect. start on the 10 mark and the translation first because they are the highest marked questions, so if you do well in them then thats better than doing quite well in a few 8/6 marks. if that makes sense. so when doing mocks, start with the 10 mark, then the translation, the try and makes as many reasonable points for the 8 mark as well. it helps if you know the story well.
Missy_gern
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by phoebeg76)
I'm taking Latin AS level on OCR and I'm just terrible at the essays on the literature side! I normally have the points I need to write, but actually getting them down in a way that gets me the marks is really difficult
If anyone who's taken the course or is taking the course has any suggestions, that's be awesome Really want to pass in the summer haha
Hey, I am also doing Latin OCR AS. I understand that is extremely difficult to know what the examiners want, but my teacher suggested that we write down the key moments in both set texts and then base our essay around these in the essays, because generally examiners are looking for: the main themes, how Ovid/Cicero sets the scene effectively and general rhetoric. For example in the Ovid, you can talk mainly about how Bacchus is a hater of the Gods and how this is emphasised throughout our section.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.68%
No (106)
32.32%

Watched Threads