The Student Room Group

Losing marks in tests due to silly mistakes.

Hi people of the student room I'm new here :smile: Anyways, I just finished my prelims for my Scottish highers ( late I know ) and although I did do well in them, upon reviewing my answers I saw that I was losing marks mainly to making stupid mistakes, this is a problem I have had for ages now. When I finish a test I always look back through my answers to check for these mistakes but I cant never find them :frown: Any tips on how to reduce these errors? Thanks in advance.
I have this problem too, I think one thing to do is when you are doing a question, don't get carried away and rush through it, actively try to slow yourself down. In maths this may mean taking less shortcuts and writing things out "fuller"... just try to take your time !
Reply 2
Almost everyone has this problem unfortunately :/
Reply 3
Original post by Patrick2810
I have this problem too, I think one thing to do is when you are doing a question, don't get carried away and rush through it, actively try to slow yourself down. In maths this may mean taking less shortcuts and writing things out "fuller"... just try to take your time !
As stupid as this may sound that actually never occurred to me to write down more working during a question :P It seems really logical and I guess its bound to reduce stupid counting errors etc. thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending