The Student Room Group

OCR biology coursework resits?

I just got back my biology result for my practicals + evaluative work (it's 20% so 60 UMS) and I got a D (27/40).

I need an A for studying medicine and I'm worried this D will bring me down. I only just scraped an A last year (literally 240/300 UMS). Do you think my teacher would let me resit? It's kind of extra pressure I don't need. :/

This is at A2.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by WishIHadRevised
I just got back my biology result for my practicals + evaluative work (it's 20% so 60 UMS) and I got a D (27/40).

I need an A for studying medicine and I'm worried this D will bring me down. I only just scraped an A last year (literally 240/300 UMS). Do you think my teacher would let me resit? It's kind of extra pressure I don't need. :/

This is at A2.

Yes definitely! I dont see a reason why you shouldnt be able to. I did last year having got an E initially then got an A, so its definitely possible to do it, if i can any idiot can :tongue:. Your allowed to attempt all 3 coursework tasks from each topic (qualitative, quantitative, evaluative) providing you dont do the same one twice and your best score is accepted. Im sure the teachers will let you resit coz they dont want their results to look bad, esp as youre applying for medicine. I've applied for medicine too this year! The coursework is ridiculously hard, good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending