The Student Room Group

Was she trying to insult me?

I was laughing at this guy who was making a ridiculous face on the internet, and this girl said "eurgh" at the guy in a tone of digust. She then proceeded to turn and look at me and said "I've seen worse", was that a subliminal insult directed at me?:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dr Steal Ur Girl
I was laughing at this guy who was making a ridiculous face on the internet, and this girl said "eurgh" at the guy in a tone of digust. She then proceeded to turn and look at me and said "I've seen worse", was that a subliminal insult directed at me?:s-smilie:

very hard to tell based on the very little context given.
Original post by Lulu24
very hard to tell based on the very little context given.

Well she works for a modelling agency, and I was there on work experience, and she landed on this pic and you know the rest of the story.
Loooool you're thinking too much about it:ahee::ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dci.james.turner
Loooool you're thinking too much about it:ahee::ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I normally over think things. I'm just sitting here breaking my head over this incident.:frown:
Reply 5
I have sarcastically said things like that to people I find attractive. Could just be a bit of banter.
She wants to **** you. :sexface:
Original post by CRW1996
I have sarcastically said things like that to people I find attractive. Could just be a bit of banter.

Do you mean she tried to insult me?
Reply 8

This is the most boring story ever, with respect.
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
She wants to **** you. :sexface:

No, I think she just tried to insult me.
I don't know why though I'm not ugly or anything, I don't think I'll ever speak to her again.:frown:
She probably saw your "would you get turned on by an Alpha male beating a Beta male" thread...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Davalla
This is the most boring story ever, with respect.

Ok, if you want to read a story, pick up a Harry Potter book.:hand:
No, I think she just tried to insult me.
I don't know why though I'm not ugly or anything, I don't think I'll ever speak to her again.:frown:

Bruh, you're 100% overthinking this. Don't worry about it, she probably didn't even mean it in that way. Seriously, let it go :biggrin:
Bruh, you're 100% overthinking this. Don't worry about it, she probably didn't even mean it in that way. Seriously, let it go :biggrin:

But do you think she tried to insult me?

I don't want to ask her because that would be embarrassing.
Original post by CRW1996

But do you think she tried to insult me?

I don't want to ask her because that would be embarrassing.

What crw said, it was just a bit of joking around. If it's affecting you that much, just ask her. But honestly, let it be.
Do you mean she tried to insult me?

It's difficult to say without context but I would say she meant it as a joke. Not to insult you as such but to 'tease' you. Woman like a guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. If a woman said that to me I would have laughed it off and said something like 'better than you'll ever get'.
What crw said, it was just a bit of joking around. If it's affecting you that much, just ask her. But honestly, let it be.

I think asking her about it would be a huge mistake. It would come across as so self concious.
Probably.
Ok, if you want to read a story, pick up a Harry Potter book.:hand:

Ah, I was wondering about whether to add a smiley-winky face to the previous comment. Now I feel as though you've taken it too personal.

If only I could turn back the hands of time.
Original post by CRW1996
I think asking her about it would be a huge mistake. It would come across as so self concious.

I'm kind of depressed now.

Quick Reply

Latest