Hair Extensions: what type should I get and where should I get it from? Watch

Zeldork
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I'm interested in getting hair extensions, and was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend a particular type of hair extension or a good place to either get the extensions done or buy the extensions. I live in between the West Midlands and East Midlands so I would be looking to get my extensions from somewhere in these regions.

Thanks

P.S I have fine hair so I'm getting extensions with the aim of making my hair thicker btw
Roo-03
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your best bet would be to contact a few salons/freelance extensionists, look at pictures of their work/testimonials and book for a consultation. If they are half decent at their job, they should absolutely offer you a consultation and select the correct method for your hair. There are loads around now - keratin glue hot fusion bonds, microbonds/rings, nanorings, tape, sewn in weave, etc etc. The correct method really depends on your hair type, length, thickness/texture, how much hair you're having put in (half or full head) and the overall look you're trying to achieve. Similarly, the type of hair they use will differ in quality and in price. You should always go for remy hair as this has undergone minimal chemical treatment so will last longer provided you follow all maintenance and aftercare properly. People who say hair extensions damage your hair have probably only had negative experiences due to poor removal, no maintenance and aftercare, matting, etc. We naturally shed hair everyday, but when you have extensions in this shed hair stays in the bonds. When they are removed, all this shed hair comes with it too so it looks like all your hair is falling out.. not the case at all lol. Your hair does feel 'thinner' after removal because you have become accustomed to having all this hair glued into your head and then it's gone! Have a look on the Beautyworks, Halohair and Greatlengths websites because they list registered and qualified technicians who use their hair and there might be someone in your local area. You may have to travel a little bit to find someone worth going to and... if it's cheap THINK WHY! You should be expecting to pay upwards of £200+ minimum. I've had extensions on and off since 2012 and love them.
Zeldork
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Roo-03)
Your best bet would be to contact a few salons/freelance extensionists, look at pictures of their work/testimonials and book for a consultation. If they are half decent at their job, they should absolutely offer you a consultation and select the correct method for your hair. There are loads around now - keratin glue hot fusion bonds, microbonds/rings, nanorings, tape, sewn in weave, etc etc. The correct method really depends on your hair type, length, thickness/texture, how much hair you're having put in (half or full head) and the overall look you're trying to achieve. Similarly, the type of hair they use will differ in quality and in price. You should always go for remy hair as this has undergone minimal chemical treatment so will last longer provided you follow all maintenance and aftercare properly. People who say hair extensions damage your hair have probably only had negative experiences due to poor removal, no maintenance and aftercare, matting, etc. We naturally shed hair everyday, but when you have extensions in this shed hair stays in the bonds. When they are removed, all this shed hair comes with it too so it looks like all your hair is falling out.. not the case at all lol. Your hair does feel 'thinner' after removal because you have become accustomed to having all this hair glued into your head and then it's gone! Have a look on the Beautyworks, Halohair and Greatlengths websites because they list registered and qualified technicians who use their hair and there might be someone in your local area. You may have to travel a little bit to find someone worth going to and... if it's cheap THINK WHY! You should be expecting to pay upwards of £200+ minimum. I've had extensions on and off since 2012 and love them.
Thanks, you've been so much help I'll take a look on those websites that you've recommended and have a look around.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (523)
59.98%
Yes- I don't like it (44)
5.05%
No- I want it (246)
28.21%
No- I don't want it (59)
6.77%

Watched Threads