Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey I'm thinking of applying for InvestIN young invesment banker weekend programme in UCL, I want to know did anyone go to it and was it worth paying? Also did it help in getting a internship?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looks like a waste of money.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
Looks like a waste of money.
Why have you been there? if so please tell me what it was like
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mr T 999)
Why have you been there? if so please tell me what it was like
I've never been. But it cost £195, something I'd never pay for a few hours of information, which you could get for free online.

There are programmes such as Spring Weeks you can apply to which is for a week, and some Investment Banks pay you.
EdwardRead
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They do a one-day course for sixth formers and the weekend course is for uni students. I went on the sixth form one last year and found it massively useful. When I started first year uni I knew much more than my mates did, which has helped me a lot in internship applications. I stayed in touch with one of the bankers who taught on the programme and he's given me some really good advice - we even met for a coffee recently. The weekend course looks a lot more detailed - I think they actually teach you some complex stuff like discounted cash flow. My mate went on the Young Investment Banker Weekend recently and he said they actually do group assessment centres like they have in the actual internship process and they give you feedback on how to improve. Not everyone has family in banking who can teach you all this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (814)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.68%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads