The Student Room Group

AQA Physics: PHYA1 Tuesday 19th May 2015 (AM) and PHYA2 Thursday 04th June 2015 (PM)x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingaaran
As I said I would try to do, I made and formatted a mark scheme for the Physics Unit 1 practice paper I made.

In question 3(f), there should be a divisor between the two numbers, but nonetheless, the answer are all correct (I hope).

Hope it helps :smile:

Could you link me the practice paper? thank you!
Original post by the_german_boy
Could you link me the practice paper? thank you!

Top of page 17 :smile:
Top of page 17 :smile:

Legend! :biggrin:
I'm half looking forward and half dreading this lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys for calculations , does your working have to be exactly how they put it. For example often they sub in the numbers into an equation first the re arrange .
However i just re arrange the equation first then sub the numbers in
Original post by C0balt
I'm half looking forward and half dreading this lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your knowledge is insanely good. :tongue: I'm sure you'll do amazingly well :smile:
Original post by chemphys
hey guys for calculations , does your working have to be exactly how they put it. For example often they sub in the numbers into an equation first the re arrange .

Of course that's fine. The reason they have that step is to indicate to the examiner that there is a mark - or marks - available for attempting to use that equation. If you use the equation but in a slightly different style, you should almost definitely get the mark.

And our papers are being by physicists, so I'm sure they'll be able to tell if you've just rearranged the equation slightly.
Your knowledge is insanely good. :tongue: I'm sure you'll do amazingly well :smile:

I will shoot myself if the paper tomorrow is the same difficulty as the one you made:biggrin:
But thanks for the practice!
Original post by chemphys

Nahh as long as you show some working and get correct answer it should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course that's fine. The reason they have that step is to indicate to the examiner that there is a mark - or marks - available for attempting to use that equation. If you use the equation but in a slightly different style, you should almost definitely get the mark.

And our papers are being by physicists, so I'm sure they'll be able to tell if you've just rearranged the equation slightly.

ok thanks kingaaran
I am 100% sure oscilloscopes will be on the paper tomorrow #freemarks

Haha I hope so :colondollar:
Well If you count all the time I spent on TSR helping people as revision I did **** loads of revision but if not....:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by particlestudent
I will shoot myself if the paper tomorrow is the same difficulty as the one you made:biggrin:
But thanks for the practice!

Did you find it easy or hard then? :tongue:
Original post by C0balt
Haha I hope so :colondollar:
Well If you count all the time I spent on TSR helping people as revision I did **** loads of revision but if not....:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure it counts :wink:
Good luck everybody for tomorrow's exam

In what context?
Did you find it easy or hard then? :tongue:

It was slightly tricky, I got 90% exactly, 4b,c and d kind of baffled me a bit. Wasn't that familiar with the formulas :smile:
how come? :O
Original post by liverpool2044
In what context?

oscilloscope questions are dead easy.-put everything into the formula.
Original post by C0balt
Nahh as long as you show some working and get correct answer it should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending