The Student Room Group

AQA Physics: PHYA1 Tuesday 19th May 2015 (AM) and PHYA2 Thursday 04th June 2015 (PM)x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
what kinda things do you guys think will come up? last year's paper was great! i wonder what they'll put in ours, everything i woulda loved came up last year! Any predictions for this year?
Reply 81
Original post by particlestudent
Oh crap, I completely forgot about how low the critical temperature is :biggrin:.

Why can't they give us 2 6markers, that would be heaven :biggrin:

Hell no :angry:
Look at June 2009 paper it's got two 6 markers :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daine
what kinda things do you guys think will come up? last year's paper was great! i wonder what they'll put in ours, everything i woulda loved came up last year! Any predictions for this year?

With Particles, Quantum Phenomena etc. I think anything could come up really:s-smilie:. I hope the Electricity questions are as easy as last year and the year before though:biggrin:
Reply 83
With Particles, Quantum Phenomena etc. I think anything could come up really:s-smilie:. I hope the Electricity questions are as easy as last year and the year before though:biggrin:

Im not too excited on the electricity section, a 6 mark questions on hadrons will be a blessing from the lord, i want nothing about oscilloscopes to come up but I'm gunna revise it like crazy! need an A so bad!!
Original post by C0balt
Hell no :angry:
Look at June 2009 paper it's got two 6 markers :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those 2 6 markers are ok really :smile:. Now that you said that, it's been quite a while since they have put 2 6 markers, maybe we are getting one:rofl3:
Reply 85
Those 2 6 markers are ok really :smile:. Now that you said that, it's been quite a while since they have put 2 6 markers, maybe we are getting one:rofl3:

Those two were okay and I don't think we will have two six markers though. I think they were just trying out seeing 2009 was first year with the current spec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my gosh, I'm so worried for this exam that it cant even be expressed...Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
I'm Soo scared for p2 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
I'm Soo scared for p2 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my gosh, same. I'm so scared for both, somebody throw me advice.😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by Anon_98
Oh my gosh, same. I'm so scared for both, somebody throw me advice.😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

An advice was thrown off C0balt from height 1.5m with a horizontal velocity of 15ms-1.
1ai calculate the time taken for the advice to reach the ground.
1aii calculate the distance travelled by the advice before reaching the ground.
1aiii hence state whether it has reached Anon_98

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
An advice was thrown off C0balt from height 1.5m with a horizontal velocity of 15ms-1.
1ai calculate the time taken for the advice to reach the ground.
1aii calculate the distance travelled by the advice before reaching the ground.
1aiii hence state whether it has reached Anon_98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bahahahahahahahah, Oh emm gee.- No way.😂😂😂😂😂 That has made my day. Wowza, yup. Thank you for the advice, its appreciated. You know what's worse, I wouldn't be able to answer that kinda question bc I suck at projectile motion. Ugh lol, that's rather hilarious though lol... I think I'm v easily amused tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Oh my gosh, I'm so worried for this exam that it cant even be expressed...Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What parts are you stuck on in Unit 1? I sent a PM:smile:
Reply 92
Original post by Anon_98
Bahahahahahahahah, Oh emm gee.- No way.😂😂😂😂😂 That has made my day. Wowza, yup. Thank you for the advice, its appreciated. You know what's worse, I wouldn't be able to answer that kinda question bc I suck at projectile motion. Ugh lol, that's rather hilarious though lol... I think I'm v easily amused tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: I was personally silently proud of that so hahahahaha

That was my subtle advice then? Revise projectile...:tongue:
Anyways if you have a specific question I'm happy to help lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
What parts are you stuck on in Unit 1? I sent a PM:smile:

Oh my gosh- thank you, hold on I'll check it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
:rofl: I was personally silently proud of that so hahahahaha

That was my subtle advice then? Revise projectile...:tongue:
Anyways if you have a specific question I'm happy to help lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, well you should be. Yeah, after studying physics for a year I think there's more to revising..like I need to understand the concepts which aren't understandable and then apply to the exam questions and its all a bit ugh. HELP ME PEOPLE. No, I'm partially joking lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Is it just me or is the maths in physics paper somehow harder than maths in a maths paper :colonhash:
I've flopped too many moments questions while getting 6/6 for 6 markers :no:
Reply 96
Original post by acelle
Is it just me or is the maths in physics paper somehow harder than maths in a maths paper :colonhash:
I've flopped too many moments questions while getting 6/6 for 6 markers :no:

I find unit 2 harder than M1 exam lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Does anyone here do astronomy gcse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by SSAA9
Does anyone here do astronomy gcse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is for AS students so I don't think anyone currently does astronomy GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unit 2 uses too much of my brain power. I mean.....my brains working at bloody 98% and my body temp goes right up to max. then it gets to the end of the paper, when I feel grateful its over, then i start to think, i've probs fuc*Ked this paper, and then just begin to pray the boundaries will be low. (Then the invigilator starts to give me dirties as they always do)

THIS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT UNIT 2....... to summarise the above paragraph in one word- ''S**t''

(Cant believe you just read this, me ranting on)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending