The Student Room Group

AQA Physics: PHYA1 Tuesday 19th May 2015 (AM) and PHYA2 Thursday 04th June 2015 (PM)x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mattematics
I spent ****ing hours yesterday going over every single circuit calculation in every paper, doing all of them in the textbook, and there's wasn't a SINGLE standard circuit calculation in the entire ****ing paper.

**** you AQA.

same, the c**ts
Original post by LilJon
mebs i'll get method marks please

Nah you'll get 0 marks. Examiners will cry at the sight of your paper
I did the calculation to get 2700 ohms resistance, but then thought that a potato couldn't have such a high resistance, so put it at 2.7 ohms, how many marks would i get?
What did you guys write for the power rating and instensity question? And the power in the light bulbs?
Original post by tanyapotter
i put that the LED would work but my explanation was vague, idk

for that question, i said lamp Y has a lower resistance than lamp X so a greater current flows through Y than X or something

It wouldn't work (I calculated it using some fun maths :biggrin:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's dds
charge is -1, strangeness is -1 and baryon number is +1
sss would give a strangeness of -3 so it wouldn't be conserved

same here
Original post by Mattematics
I spent ****ing hours yesterday going over every single circuit calculation in every paper, doing all of them in the textbook, and there's wasn't a SINGLE standard circuit calculation in the entire ****ing paper.

**** you AQA.

True dat, true dat
Original post by dolan m
Times it by a 1000, doofus

was rushing was only 1/2 way with 25 mins to go
Pretty sure it's sss
****in kunt of a potato
mid way through writing "emf of potato" i made myself laugh and then forgot what i was calculating.
it's dds
charge is -1, strangeness is -1 and baryon number is +1
sss would give a strangeness of -3 so it wouldn't be conserved

Not true. It depends entirely on what structure you gave for the neutral Kaon. One would give you dds.

The other would give you a strangeness of -1 on the left and +2 on the right, meaning you'd need -3 to be balanced.
Reply 1592
Original post by dolan m
No you're wrong noob

SSS is what i got, so strange, baryon number and charge can all be conserved at once
Original post by Ruksana97
What did you guys write for the power rating and instensity question? And the power in the light bulbs?

For power rating I said that there is low resistance in energy saving bulb therefore high current due to R=V/I
Original post by Anon_98
Same. ;( I'm literally so upset. -

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't resit. I wanted to as well. But this is the last year for AS physics exams ever :frown: how I wish the reform wasn't happening
Original post by Questioner1234
2750 ohms for resistance.
Last question was 3.2 x10^4w
Where did it say the wires were in parallel.
That paper was beautiful :redface:
Original post by jadys10
Can't resit. I wanted to as well. But this is the last year for AS physics exams ever :frown: how I wish the reform wasn't happening

There will still be AS exams next year so you do have the opportunity to resit.
Original post by dolan m
Nah you'll get 0 marks. Examiners will cry at the sight of your paper

good lad
I got dss to weigh out the strange numbers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending