The Student Room Group

How much are you paying for your gym?

Who has the best deal?
£30 for a well equipped strongman gym.
£10 for a newly opened PureGym :smile:
£65 a month for well equipped gym in central London which I can use at 6pm on a Monday and still use stuff I want to use.
Reply 4
I paid for the student year at the gym, think it was around £120 so works out as like <£12 a month
Original post by 0range
I paid for the student year at the gym, think it was around £120 so works out as like <£12 a month

I want to go to your uni! :tongue:
Original post by carasezmoo
£20 for gym, classes, pool and 3 pt sessions

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's an amazing deal!
Reply 7
Original post by NotJustAName
I want to go to your uni! :tongue:

It's not a uni gym! My uni gym cost £30 a month
The gym is called the gym, it's the like the pure gym, so mostly cardio, one power rack, open 24/7.
They'll prob run the offer again in sept
Original post by 0range
It's not a uni gym! My uni gym cost £30 a month
The gym is called the gym, it's the like the pure gym, so mostly cardio, one power rack, open 24/7.
They'll prob run the offer again in sept

That's such a good deal!
Reply 9
Uni gym was like £100/year

Currently £25 at Lifestyle Fitness, could get £20 but I contracts don't make sense for me just now
£90 a year for a 5 star gym. Local football teams and American football teams (when they come over) use it. It's a gym at the uni so unfortunately 5 months a year I had to use the one back home which is £25 a month and not as good :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
£50 a month for an all-classes gym, used to pay about £100 a month for a classes gym in London. Far better investment than £20 a month at a globo gym.
Reply 12
Original post by abc101
£50 a month for an all-classes gym, used to pay about £100 a month for a classes gym in London. Far better investment than £20 a month at a globo gym.

My £20-25 gym includes classes and well equipped (such as 10 out of 12/13 bars are the best you can get), even has a cafe and sauna. My £100/year uni gym is one of the biggest and best in the country- includes classes too.

Price is what they can get away which isn't fully determined by quality
Original post by BKS
My £20-25 gym includes classes and well equipped (such as 10 out of 12/13 bars are the best you can get), even has a cafe and sauna. My £100/year uni gym is one of the biggest and best in the country- includes classes too.

Price is what they can get away which isn't fully determined by quality

Both gyms sounds brilliant!
Reply 14
Original post by NotJustAName
Both gyms sounds brilliant!

I recon most cities will have a gym that's on the same sort of level in terms of value for money, at least any not small city. You just need to shop around and not expect it to be a 5min walk away. Someone made a passing comment to me about another Lifestyle Fitness tat makes it sound similar to the one I'm at so check them out

ETA: not that it's not worth shopping around in smaller place, just less odds, but the town of 10,000 near where I'm from has one really good gym and one good
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest