Dr Grave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently in a tough spot. I initially applied for a couple universities including Leeds and Sussex and after a bad run of exams, I ended up doing a foundation year at Brighton university. My thoughts were I would do the foundation year, reapply and get back to my choices of Leeds and Sussex. After the time I've spent this year here I'm having second thoughts of moving. I know that Leeds is a better university but I think that I will enjoy my time more here, I've got a good social group, I like the location and the lecturers. I was thinking to do my degree here and my masters at Leeds/Sussex/Imperial. I've asked a couple friends and they are adamant that I should move to Leeds now. Any advice? I'm really stuck.
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What course do you study?
Dr Grave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by vela1)
What course do you study?
Mechanical engineering
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're happy where you are and you're comfortable that you can get a good result, i'd stay put. It's never easy settling into a new uni and town so you don't really need the complication. If your current life is working for you, I don't see any urgent need to move.

Leeds is probably higher ranked for mech eng than Brighton. Uni league tables are sold to undergrads and prospective students, but you'll find they're of little value in the real worlds of employment and postgrad study.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed