Is Psychology GCSE classed as a Social Science or a Humanties GCSE?

Watch this thread
elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
YES it doesn't matter
and YES it's only a GCSE
But jw?
CharmingCat
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I'm under the impression that Psychology is a Social Science subject, just like Sociology which I'm currently studying. A humanities subject would either be History or Geography, as those are essential if you wish to gain the English Baccalaureate.
elmosandy
Rep:
(Original post by CharmingCat)
I'm under the impression that Psychology is a Social Science subject, just like Sociology which I'm currently studying. A humanities subject would either be History or Geography, as those are essential if you wish to gain the English Baccalaureate.
I don't but I always thought it was social science but aqa said psychology is a humanity GCSE...
Elliebeanie
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It actually really does matter! The only reason I could get onto my medical based course at uni was because my psychology a level counted as a social science. If it wasn't a science I couldn't have applied!

Having said that, there is the odd uni that does not count it as a science but it is uncommon nowadays.
elmosandy
Rep:
(Original post by Elliebeanie)
It actually really does matter! The only reason I could get onto my medical based course at uni was because my psychology a level counted as a social science. If it wasn't a science I couldn't have applied!

Having said that, there is the odd uni that does not count it as a science but it is uncommon nowadays.
Ah I want to take biology, chemistry and psychology a-level next year
Elliebeanie
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by elmosandy)
Ah I want to take biology, chemistry and psychology a-level next year
That sounds good to me! Do you have any idea what you wan to be doing at uni yet? Don't worry if not, I had no idea haha
elmosandy
Rep:
That sounds good to me! Do you have any idea what you wan to be doing at uni yet? Don't worry if not, I had no idea haha
Biological Sciences/Human Biology
Elliebeanie
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You should be good for that then! You're so lucky to be able to study psychology at GCSE. Not many schools do it
elmosandy
Rep:
You should be good for that then! You're so lucky to be able to study psychology at GCSE. Not many schools do it
Because i'm Homeschooled x
Elliebeanie
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by elmosandy)
Because i'm Homeschooled x
Ohhhh, that's an advantage I never thought of!! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (78)
18.75%
The paper was reasonable (155)
37.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (117)
28.13%
It was TERRIBLE (66)
15.87%

Watched Threads