A level Sociology OR Psychology?I'll do law degree in uni.

Watch this thread
DemiHM
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I know you guys have been answering for this question like a thousand times...
But I'm still suffering and can't even decide about it.
Here's the thing:

I live in Malaysia and I didn't take GCSE before.There are few subjects offered in my country if I want to study A Level.In the first place,I intended to take English Literature,Economics and Sociology since I want to do law degree in uni.Unfortunately,the intake that I'm going to enroll doesn't offer English Lit.I am forced to take law as my second option(I know most unis don't have a preference to A Level Law,at least my dream school no).And now,I heard that Sociology is a 'soft' facilitating subject compared to the others.Maybe Psychology will be a better choice.

PS:I did bad at Math and Accounting,so...

What you guys's opinions?
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DemiHM)
I know you guys have been answering for this question like a thousand times...
But I'm still suffering and can't even decide about it.
Here's the thing:

I live in Malaysia and I didn't take GCSE before.There are few subjects offered in my country if I want to study A Level.In the first place,I intended to take English Literature,Economics and Sociology since I want to do law degree in uni.Unfortunately,the intake that I'm going to enroll doesn't offer English Lit.I am forced to take law as my second option(I know most unis don't have a preference to A Level Law,at least my dream school no).And now,I heard that Sociology is a 'soft' facilitating subject compared to the others.Maybe Psychology will be a better choice.

PS:I did bad at Math and Accounting,so...

What you guys's opinions?
Sociology and Psychology are both similar in difficulty and are both technically 'soft' subjects. Sociology would be a better option as it involves a lot of writing and Law does also. Sociology also includes writing an argument on an opinion of something and includes a lot of reasoning. I don't know whether Law has the same thing.
DemiHM
Rep:
(Original post by Raymat)
Sociology and Psychology are both similar in difficulty and are both technically 'soft' subjects. Sociology would be a better option as it involves a lot of writing and Law does also. Sociology also includes writing an argument on an opinion of something and includes a lot of reasoning. I don't know whether Law has the same thing.
Well...Your comment really calm me down a bit...
I'm so confused because I'm a non-science based student,and the lecturer tells me that Psychology is a bit involved with Biology...
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Well...Your comment really calm me down a bit...
I'm so confused because I'm a non-science based student,and the lecturer tells me that Psychology is a bit involved with Biology...
I studied both Sociology and Psychology at AS and I can easily tell you that Sociology is more relevant to Law than Psychology is. Psychology does have some Biology in it and Psychology is quite a bit like Biology in terms of the chunks of information that you need to memorise and apply in the exam so you may not like it. It's almost as though it's a '4th science' because it's a bit sciency. I found Sociology harder than Psychology but that is because I'm more of a science person. If you like Law then you would most likely like Sociology.
DemiHM
Rep:
(Original post by Raymat)
I studied both Sociology and Psychology at AS and I can easily tell you that Sociology is more relevant to Law than Psychology is. Psychology does have some Biology in it and Psychology is quite a bit like Biology in terms of the chunks of information that you need to memorise and apply in the exam so you may not like it. It's almost as though it's a '4th science' because it's a bit sciency. I found Sociology harder than Psychology but that is because I'm more of a science person. If you like Law then you would most likely like Sociology.
I made up my mind to study Sociology in my AL!
Thanks for your opinions!
dauntlesstraitor
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, sociology is great!
arfah
Badges: 17
Report 7 years ago
Sociology! I really regret not taking it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DemiHM
Rep:
(Original post by dauntlesstraitor)
Yeah, sociology is great!

Did u do Sociology in your AL?
DemiHM
Rep:
(Original post by arfah)
Sociology! I really regret not taking it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

FYI,did u take Psychology instead of taking Sociology?
arfah
Badges: 17
Report 7 years ago
FYI,did u take Psychology instead of taking Sociology?
Yea I did! Didnt like it at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dauntlesstraitor
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Did u do Sociology in your AL?

I'm currently doing it now for AS, and will carry it on to A2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (36)
34.29%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
45.71%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (20)
19.05%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.95%

Watched Threads