The Student Room Group

Which University to choose?

Hi.

I'm an undergrad student from Pakistan, and I have opted to study in UK for my Masters. I've chosen Finance as my subject, since.. well it's the only thing I'm good at.

Anyway, I have searched and searched, seen all kinds of rankings, and have finally selected the following Unis that I am eligible for:

University of Bath
Cass Business School
University of Manchester
Lancaster University
Durham University
Warwick University

The question arises, that which university should I choose, provided that I am accepted? (I'm fairly confident that I will get into all of them except Warwick since my friend recently got a conditional offer, which is something that I can't meet)

Furthermore, I have browsed this page for a while, and have found some particular aversion to the Lancaster University. Weirdly enough, its business school ranks 12 in Forbes List of Best Business Schools, and it even ranks high on QS, and Complete University Guide. yet no one here seems to like it. Why is that so?

Lastly, one more thing I would like to mention is that my future would probably in the Gulf Area, or back in home, Pakistan, which means that I just need a UK stamp regardless of which university. However, should I decide to stay here, which of these would prove to be most valuable?

I thank you wholeheartedly for your time:smile::smile:
Warwick
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending