The Student Room Group

Creepy Stalker Guy at Uni

Ok sorry in advance because this is going to be a long post.
Basically ,since I've started university ,one of my flatmates has just been a compete and utter creep. At first, he seemed nice enough and everyone else on my floor would go out clubbing and he would join us. He doesn't talk much,but the girls didn't mind since he is extremely good looking.
After a few weeks , he would sometimes (whilst I'm cleaning dishes in the kitchen all alone) he would creep on me . At first I didn't seem to think that anything was weird about it but the following week (last Oct) I managed to lock myself out the room after going to the bathroom at 2am in the night and he was walking down the corridor. Basically he let me stay in his dorm that night but he's been so intense and creepy ever since then.
Its now March and approaching exams and he's managed to follow me home (I've noticed him in the area). I told my parents about this because sometimes he would touch me inappropriately etc. but they don't seem to be bothered since they found out that he's studying medecine (I really didn't understand what they meant by that). Also, he even proposed to me and said how he wants me to be the mother of his kids blah blah
Its horrible at Uni, I cant go anywhere without me turning around. Friends have just assumed Tha we're going out but its nothing like that and I really want this to stop since ever since I "humiliated" him ( once I told him to leave me alone in front of hiss friends ) he's turned more angry and manipulative
Seriously what should I do? I cant handle this anymore.
Reply 1
Have you, perhaps.. and it's a long shot I know.. but.... actually spoken to him about it?
Reply 2
Original post by Ezisola
Have you, perhaps.. and it's a long shot I know.. but.... actually spoken to him about it?

Well I've told him in the past that Im not looking for a boyfriend atm but he always brushes it off and tries to flirt with me etc :|
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Well I've told him in the past that Im not looking for a boyfriend atm but he always brushes it off and tries to flirt with me etc :|

Now if the girl I liked said that to me, first thing through my mind would be:

Challenge Accepted
Oh wow, he sounds like a nutcase. Proposing to you? Wanting to have your kids? Following you home? Touching you inappropriately? (I hope you told him that's not acceptable, regardless of whether he studies Medicine or David-bleemin-Beckham. (I heard that's a real degree from somewhere. :lolwut:)

Do you think having a quiet word with him would help? Telling him to leave you alone probably wasn't best said in front of his friends and maybe would've had a different outcome if you took him to one side and said it alone. See if he takes any notice next time. Might be awkward but it needs to be said.

You don't have long to go until the end of the term, so you won't have to live with him for very much longer. In the meantime just try your best to avoid/ignore him. If it gets even more out of hand or you feel his behaviour needs to stop immediately, then talk to someone at uni who can give you options to resolve this creepy issue. Good luck :biggrin: xx
Reply 5
Original post by Ezisola
Now if the girl I liked said that to me, first thing through my mind would be:

Challenge Accepted

Oh god I should've known this beforehand
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Oh god I should've known this beforehand

Yeah. You're welcome..
Reply 7
Original post by NeverTooLatte
Oh wow, he sounds like a nutcase. Proposing to you? Wanting to have your kids? Following you home? Touching you inappropriately? (I hope you told him that's not acceptable, regardless of whether he studies Medicine or David-bleemin-Beckham. (I heard that's a real degree from somewhere. :lolwut:)

Do you think having a quiet word with him would help? Telling him to leave you alone probably wasn't best said in front of his friends and maybe would've had a different outcome if you took him to one side and said it alone. See if he takes any notice next time. Might be awkward but it needs to be said.

You don't have long to go until the end of the term, so you won't have to live with him for very much longer. In the meantime just try your best to avoid/ignore him. If it gets even more out of hand or you feel his behaviour needs to stop immediately, then talk to someone at uni who can give you options to resolve this creepy issue. Good luck :biggrin: xx

Yes I completely agree with you on that. I have tried but he just gets dusmissive or heated up about what I say. He even had the audacity to say that I "wouldn't get a job with a degree in psychology " and I needed a man that could provide me with everything I needed ,which was so insulting to me I got really emotional :/
Yes I'll try and talk to him in a public place and I'll get some form of authority figure at Uni xx
Wow this guy sounds like a ****. Why don't you speak to him and try to see where his logic is coming from?xx
Reply 9
Try what the above have said. If all fails, knock him out.

Quick Reply