Remembering things for GCSE Geography I NEED HELP!!!

Watch
indigo2011
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Has anyone got any tips on remembering which mountains form at what plate boundaries and what direction the plates move in each plate boundary (Destructive, Constructive, collision and the other one I cant remember)
Am I right in thinking that at the collision boundary the plates move towards each other?
Thanks in advance
socali123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
destructive plate boundary - sometimes called convergent or tensional plate. this occurs when oceanic plate and continental plates moves together. the oceanic plate is forced under the lighter continental plate. Friction cause melting of the continental plate. Magma rise up through the cracks and erupts onto the surface. e.g Nazca plate are forced under south american plate.

collision plate boundary - form when two continental collides. neither plate is forced to the other, and so both are forced up and form fold mountains. e.g Himalayas

conservative plate boundary - occurs where continental past slide each other at the opposite direction or at the same direction but at different speeds. e.g San Andreas fault in Cali.
indigo2011
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by socali123)
destructive plate boundary - sometimes called convergent or tensional plate. this occurs when oceanic plate and continental plates moves together. the oceanic plate is forced under the lighter continental plate. Friction cause melting of the continental plate. Magma rise up through the cracks and erupts onto the surface. e.g Nazca plate are forced under south american plate.

collision plate boundary - form when two continental collides. neither plate is forced to the other, and so both are forced up and form fold mountains. e.g Himalayas

conservative plate boundary - occurs where continental past slide each other at the opposite direction or at the same direction but at different speeds. e.g San Andreas fault in Cali.
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (29)
43.94%
Take autumn exams (23)
34.85%
Look for a job (1)
1.52%
Consider an apprenticeship (2)
3.03%
Take a year out (8)
12.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.55%

Watched Threads