This discussion is closed.
Caitlin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've done Psych for one year so far and I'm doing it at Higher level this year. I don't mind it; the thing that annoys me is that there is no official text book, so I really have no idea what exactly I am meant to be learning. My teacher is kind of hopeless; she knows everything there is to know but she can't stick to a schedule for her life. My class is made up of six girls, and all our lessons just end up with us chatting about irrelevant stuff...

Anyway, Psych is fairly interesting and not particularly hard, just make sure you have a good teacher.
Deus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Caitlin, I'm writing the book now. Will be ready in a few weeks.

Biological Perspective is written.
Now I need to find time to write the other perspectives.
Caitlin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ah, bless you Deus! You are the saviour of IB Psychology students everywhere. How you can find time to be in school and write a book though... :confused: I only wish I was so organised.
HMSChocolate
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Deus is the Psych god around here...
Deus
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, I just wish I was in Uni, or I wish I could get an interview at some university. My teachers have often never had faith in me because of my ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) and so it's been a problem for me for a long time.

It's annoying that international students don't get interviews from universities (except oxford and cambridge) because I know that if I went to an interview I would most likely get in, just because I am passionate.

Anyway, this afternoon I will write the cognitive perspective, and maybe some of the learning perspective.
Just had a mock biology paper 2... Easy.

Anyway I wanted to ask favours of any Psych students here. If you have notes that you think are good (on absolutely anything), I would really appreciate it if you could send them to me so that I can see if they are worth adding. You will get credit and you can have the revision guide in advance .

Thanks.
IBblonde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Must-find-something-to-submit-to-Deus...
I'll check out what ive got. Im annoying in that I really love writing notes into my book instead of typing (comes from my unhealthy obsession with stationary).
I have a semi-comprehensive powerpoint on Tourettes Syndrome (did it ages ago so its probably not that great).
Let me know if you want it!
HMSChocolate
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I find it easier to have notes on paper than on computer. you can't carry a computer everywhere
Deus
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Perhaps you can find a way to scan them? Then I can just take the scanned image and type them up myself.
d-coping
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hi, okay well i'm thinking of taking psychology because well for one i love the subject and i've always wanted to take it; but while i was doing my GCSE's i didn't take biology, so i'm wondering whether that should be a problem? and secondly, i've been talking to a few of the people at my school, and they said that my school has a terrible psych program, so should i still take it?
tulikanahar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
i absolutely despised taking IB HL PSYCH i don't know about y'all lmao
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by tulikanahar)
i absolutely despised taking IB HL PSYCH i don't know about y'all lmao
This thread is 15 years old. The syllabus wasn't even the same back then, the original poster hasn't been active in nearly 10 years, and has probably done their IBD and gotten a degree (or several) in the meantime. Please don't bump old threads!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (346)
52.11%
No (318)
47.89%

Watched Threads