The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
The government aren't stupid enough to let Halal slaughter be banned. They're not ready to fight us.

They don't need to. You are becoming less and less muslim by the second
Reply 161
Original post by Greg Jackson
op why are you claiming to be white british while using a fake profile picture of some random polish girl?

http://www.fotka.pl/profil/kela

http://www.fotka.pl/profil/kela/albumy/1,Ja/88066632,

SEEMS LEGIT

TOLD YOU it was a troll. Well not you specifically but you prove my point. Now the mods should ban him for trolling.
I think the bashing of halal/kosher absolutely is racist. people bring up how inhumane halal and kosher slaughter is, without any consideration of what standard slaughter is like. Halal and kosher are inhumane, of course they are, animals die for it and regardless of any pain-reducing methods, someone is killed. That's not humane, full stop. But this is obviously the case with ALL slaughter. Halal and kosher meats are no more or less humane than standard meats, bashing them and not standard meats is merely a (racist) way to deflect responsibility away from yourself.
Original post by Carol R. Lawson
HM Government e-petitions: The petition 'Protect religious slaughter in the UK and EU' has reached 134,389 signatures!!! :smile:)

This e-petition has received the following response:

As this e-petition has received more than 10 000 signatures, the relevant Government department have provided the following response:
The Government encourages the highest standards of welfare at slaughter and would prefer to see all animals stunned before they are slaughtered for food. However, we also respect the rights of the Jewish and Muslim communities to eat meat prepared in accordance with their religious beliefs. The Prime Minister has confirmed that that there would be no ban on religious slaughter in the UK.
Council Regulation 1099/2009, on the protection of animals at time of killing, and the Welfare of Animals (Slaughter or Killing) Regulations 1995 permit slaughter without stunning to be carried out in accordance with religious rites. Within both regulations there are strict requirements on where, how and who can slaughter animals in accordance with religious rites. These requirements are monitored and enforced by Official Veterinarians (OV) of the Food Standards Agency (FSA) to ensure that animals are spared unnecessary suffering, distress or pain during the slaughter process.
This e-petition remains open to signatures and will be considered for debate by the Backbench Business Committee should it pass the 100 000 signature threshold.

I'm not Muslim just an ordinary British schoolgirl, but if you wish to protect Halal+kosher methods of animal slaughter for the meat we all eat anyway, + oppose racially + culturally insensitive bigoted ppl who want to BAN it in the uk, please sign + share like mad!!! thank you xxx
Sign against banning Halal etc!!! :smile:) - http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/74830

To be honest banning Kosher/Halah meat will just increase food prices in the UK because the majority of meat sold in the catering industry is Halah.

Only importing select foods will increase prices so much.

I'd rather appease the poorest in society and stick with Halah foods rather than the middle class hippies who spend ludicrous amounts of money at online whole food stores.

What is funny is most racist EDL thugs stuff that chicken or doner kebab down their throats and they love every bit of it. Little do they know that Muslims from Turkey created kebabs and the majority of meat that take-aways use is Halah.

And by the way I am a ultra Zionist Messianic Jew/Christian type. This has nothing to do with religious preference but more to do with the cost of food.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 786687
I have so much respect for you

thank YOU!! xx :smile: :O
I am amazed at how little sympathy people on this thread have for animal welfare.

Animal welfare should trump religious rites.
:smile: no because religious rights should + must come above prejudice (especially racist or Islamophobia prejudice) against other cultures chosen practises like Halal or Kosher meat production.
Original post by Carol R. Lawson
:smile: no because religious rights should + must come above prejudice (especially racist or Islamophobia prejudice) against other cultures chosen practises like Halal or Kosher meat production.

It has nothing to do with prejudice against religion and everything to do with treating animals with respect.

Latest

Trending

Trending