The Student Room Group

Best and Worst Things About Your Job.

The most rewarding parts in your job, and the things that make you want to quit?

I work with kids, and the most rewarding thing is that I could change any of their lives for the better, I inspire them every day, and I get to act immature!

The worst parts are when kids don't listen, or they have challenging behaviour. Also I have to work in the kitchen a lot :frown:

What about you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The worst thing about my job is the working part.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TimbukChu
The most rewarding parts in your job, and the things that make you want to quit?

I work with kids, and the most rewarding thing is that I could change any of their lives for the better, I inspire them every day, and I get to act immature!

The worst parts are when kids don't listen, or they have challenging behaviour. Also I have to work in the kitchen a lot :frown:

What about you?

I also work in education. But I really got tired and I'm stressed all the time. That's not just spring, but different social experiments, which my boss had started. For example - if professor doesn't use the card, when he enters Uni - he should be fired and shouldn't get salary. If you only knew - what fantastic missions do I get from day to day. As the boss says: if the student doesn't visit the lection of professor that's the fault of the professor and that's why we should count the % of the students who came and cut the professors salary (at the moment - this plan is just his dream, but it may become truth rather soon). And if professor leaves such a job... Exactly I have to look for a new one and in short terms.
At the moment I lead 15-20 different deals during a day at the main building, and my "fault" that I didn't check the lection of the professor in another part of the city... or make professor who works part-time to visit the lection of another one in his free time and for free.
Some how people who work part time are not going to make some work for free and that's exactly my "fault" that I can't make them work for free. And as it seems to me - that's the reason why I shoul quit and leave the Uni department for the person who is able to make the others work for free.
Meanwhile I got military subjects as the addition of my main science field... It's too expensive to have special military department at Uni... but it's really "worth" to make criminal law department to teach how to use fire arms.
And I'm not from UK, so don't look for the grammar mistakes - there are quite enough of them.
Pros - I get to create entire worlds, entertain people, there's no commute, I have flexible hours, I actually have fans, I gain a real sense of achievement with the finished product, and I don't have to put up with the crap you get from teamwork.

Cons - The earnings are virtually nonexistent, editing is mind-numbingly boring, and I have to somehow overcome my chronic blushing in order to speak at panels and perform readings and so on.
Reply 4
Pros - Flexible hours, can leave early or come in late whenever I need to, impresses everyone, is actually quite exciting, the people are great, I enjoy the actual work, tax free pay.

Cons - Low pay for 4 years, sometimes things just don't work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pro - Nothing

Con - Need more money
Pro - At the moment it's a very relaxed office with great colleagues

Cons - My company is a bit of a **** to its employees, and I personally am being pulled from department to department constantly. Things change all the time and nothing is ever consistent/stable. It's just poor management, basically.
Reply 7
Pro - flexitime, fun, relaxed, getta say what I want, got some fans (gradually getting more), do it with my friends

Con - don't earn anything from it yet
Pro's - Good pay, flexible hours, overtime available whenever I choose, cool workmates.
Con's - Boring, menial, talking to patients.
The best and worst things are the same : that I don't have a job.
Reply 10
Original post by SmallTownGirl
The best and worst things are the same : that I don't have a job.

The best and worst things are mentioned above. :wink:
Best ... Results day
Worst ... Ofsted visits
Best: Easy, flexible hours, friendly team
Worst: repetitive, further from my other previous jobs (45 mins to get to work on car) and not really a future in terms of progression.
Reply 13
Best: Great salary, free car, work from home, excellent career prospects, sounds good on a CV

Worst: Lonely
Pro's = Flexibility in work hours, variety of jobs to choose from
Con's = Lack of communication from employers, inability to pay on time/regularly (once waited 9 months to be paid)
Reply 15
Original post by Reue
Best: Great salary, free car, work from home, excellent career prospects, sounds good on a CV

Worst: Lonely

TSR mods get a free car?!?! :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by M1011
TSR mods get a free car?!?! :tongue:

Would you really think TSR mods have excellent career prospects? :wink:
Pros: amazing staff and workplace, great flexibility with hours, possibility of keeping my job when I go to university and best of all the cute animals.
Cons: stupid questions asked by some customers, shifts are always full on at the weekends, management expect a lot of you even when you are not feeling too good.

Same for most work places with the cons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Reue
Would you really think TSR mods have excellent career prospects? :wink:

Some day you won't be a Sector Moderator any more... some day you'll moderate the whole damn thing!
Pros- lying in bed all day, living off my student loan.

Cons- The Daily Mail hates me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending