The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill Nightlife anyone??????

hello,

I have applied at edge hill for secondary education with mathematics with QTS. The thing which is preventing me from going there is the social life because it is out of the city life of Liverpool. Can anyone contribute and tell me what its like in Ormskirk or what students do in the day/night time. THANK YOU!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I don't go to edge hill but it's my firm choice for this September, I live in Liverpool but am moving onto campus for first year! I know a lot of people from the uni often go to Liverpool for a night out its about 25 minutes away on the train or you can get a taxi which works out cheap if it's shared between a few people! I know there's a few places in Ormskirk too but I don't think they're open as late as town is! :smile: x
(edited 9 years ago)
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh that's good! I've read that there is a market on Thursday and Saturday as well which sounds nice. :smile: I have also tried to look but I can't see if we live on campus for the whole time or only the first year. Do you know what we do for the second year?
Yeah I've been to the market a few times there's loads of different kinds of stalls there! We only live on campus for first year usually, then in 2nd/3rd year the Uni give you a list of trusted landlords and you just find a uni house share with people! There's loads of really nice student houses in/around Ormskirk not at all far from uni which is goood, where are you from if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm from macclesfield so it is about 2 hours on the train to liverpool or an hour roughly by car So it would be a bit further to edge hill. I'm definitely thinking it will be my first choice because I come from a town so it will still be comfortable. :biggrin: I am definitely looking forward to going! What have you applied For?
Reply 5
I go to Edge hill, in my first year. Umm i don't want to put you off because the university is really good. However the nightlife is only the SU bar and a bar in Ormskirk called Alpine (Which are only good if you are steaming). We tend to save up and go to Liverpool. Which since it's a lot of money for a taxi back is not very often.
Reply 6
Original post by csp94
I go to Edge hill, in my first year. Umm i don't want to put you off because the university is really good. However the nightlife is only the SU bar and a bar in Ormskirk called Alpine (Which are only good if you are steaming). We tend to save up and go to Liverpool. Which since it's a lot of money for a taxi back is not very often.

You won't put me of haha thank you for your honesty! Is the SU bar good?
Original post by csp94

Is there pubs in Ormskirk though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
The only club is Alpine, on a Monday you have Mustard. The SU dancefloor(QUAD) is open on a Wednesday, and sometimes they do theme nights when the QUAD is open.
Reply 9
The SU has events on just about every night like quiz nights, socials and karaoke. Wednesday night is socials and it's usually the biggest night out of the week.

In terms of other clubs, there's not a lot. Alpine, Styles and Mustard (Mondays) are probably your main main ones but there's a few new bars opened recently around Ormskirk, like Salt Liquor, so there's a little bit of choice.

As for pubs, Ormskirk is pretty full of them. Queens Head is usually open the latest but some people like to predrink at The Horseshoe, which to be honest is a ****hole but no one can touch their drink prices.

Taxis from Ormskirk to Liverpool are around £24 but if there's a group of you splitting it, it doesn't work out too bad. It's £5 for a return on the train but that means having to get the last train home.

I found in first year that you tend to go to more house/flat parties because the nightlife isn't the greatest, so make friends with anyone living in the new halls and try talking them into having a lot of parties :biggrin:
Reply 10
I live in Ormskirk (although not at uni, I just come from here) and I would just like to let any potential EHU students know that Ormskirk nightlife is shocking. Alpine is full of underage people (usually year 11 or lower sixth students from the local area) and BACO bar has virtually no atmosphere. There are a few other bars (Mustard, Salt & Liquor, Lyme Tiger and Junk namely) which are pretty small and average. Loads of pubs as mentioned above but these are usually full of middle aged men from open - close. Best bet would be to save up and go to Liverpool - splitting a taxi is usually best bet!
Any university is what you make of it! Ormskirk isn't the best univeristy for the night life aspect but it's still good!
It's good, there's something in every night if you know where to go, I'm 3rd year now so I don't really go out - but had sone if my best nights out in ormskirk and Liverpool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending