The Student Room Group

PGCE Cardiff Met 2015

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else has accepted an offer for the PGCE Primary course in Cardiff Met starting 2015? Would be nice to be in contact with people before we start :smile:
Reply 1
Hey, I've accepted an offer for Upper Primary, which are you doing? :smile:
Hey! I'm actually doing Foundation Phase! I wonder if we will be in the same lectures though? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lucyyyyf
Hey, I've accepted an offer for Upper Primary, which are you doing? :smile:

I'm doing upper primary. I'm not sure what to do about accommodation as I'll be moving in to the area. I heard it's better not to live in halls. What are you guys doing?
Reply 4
Halls on Cyncoed are amazing, I lived there first year, but we get less loan apparently, so i'll be travelling I think, know of anyone else that got on the course?
Reply 5
Original post by lucyyyyf
Halls on Cyncoed are amazing, I lived there first year, but we get less loan apparently, so i'll be travelling I think, know of anyone else that got on the course?

I'm not sure of anyone who got on, apart from a couple on here. Yeah our loan is terrible this time round. It just about covers rent lol. I thought My days of noodles and cuppa soups were over haha
Reply 6
Hey :smile: I have been accepted to do PGCE Upper Primary in September too and literally know no one so looking to talk to a few people before we start :smile:
Reply 7
Congratulations :smile: Are you moving in to the area as well?
Reply 8
Thank you :smile: Yeah I am from Birmingham so moving to Cardiff and getting a flat with my friend :smile: How about you?
Reply 9
Yeah me too. I'm currently near Manchester but I'll be moving down. I not sure where yet but it definitely won't be halls haha.
Oh yeah same. Couldn't think of anything worse than living in halls again! Have you received anything in the post about the 10 days work experience that we need to do in a school before September?
Reply 11
No, nothing yet. But it's just got to be 2 week in school including experience with the age we don't want to teach. Apparently, they send us paperwork in May.
Reply 12
Original post by CharlotteJohn29
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else has accepted an offer for the PGCE Primary course in Cardiff Met starting 2015? Would be nice to be in contact with people before we start :smile:

Hi!

I'm starting the primary pgce in cardiff met this September too!

:smile:
Hey guys, I've just started a Facebook group for people to chat and get to know others on the course, search "Cardiff met primary PGCE 2015" 😁 x
Hi guys. I've got my interview next Wednesday and was after a bit of advice! How much prepping did you do for the group discussions? Are you given any material to work from or are you expected conduct your own research? I'm a little surprised there are no one-to-one interviews: seems to mainly revolve around testing! How were the tests, particularly the maths one!

Many thanks,
Adam.
Reply 15
Do your own research for the group discussion. Double check there's definitely no one-to-one; I don't know anywhere that doesn't interview.

The tests are alright. Just go on BBC Bitesize to practice maths.
Thanks very much! Double-checked today. Definitely no one-to-one! Weird!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending