Which Uni should I go to? Acc&Finance Watch

UniApply
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Say, for instance, I receive offers from Manchester University, Bath University and Warwick University to study Accounting & Finance. Which one would be better to go to (from an employers perspective)? Basically, say if i applied to an accounting firm e.g. KPMG/Deloitte, would they even bother to look at current University rankings to compare these Uni's? or do they see them all as irrelevant and only seek candidates from Oxbridge. I mean, would it look better on my application if I was to graduate from Bath University as opposed to Warwick, or is there no difference (again, from the perspective of an employer)? I understand that the examples listed are top firms and competition is high, but is there anyone that has graduated from one of the above unis and has a placement within the top 5 accounting firms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Duplicate
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the decision is between Bath and Warwick. Does the Bath one offer a placement year? If it does then go for Bath or else go for Warwick. But if both offer placement then choose Warwick. Warwick is more popular than Bath to UK employers.
UniApply
Rep:
?
Yeah I asked the same question in different categories as I received no responses. 😁 Apologies

Posted from TSR Mobile
UniApply
Rep:
?
I think bath offers a placement year. I don't think Warwick does. After a closer review of the bath website, it seems as if graduates from bath are given slightly better job opportunities. E.g. Some of them go off to work for Pricewatercoopers, KPMG, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UniApply
Rep:
?
Whereas Warwick has no mention of that 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
All Day
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.wbs.ac.uk/courses/undergr.../careers/#more

It wasn't exactly hard to find, the course website, then the careers tab, and then 'where do our graduates work'.

Maybe Warwick isn't the place for you, after all.
UniApply
Rep:
?
Wow...you couldn't be any more condescending. Actually, I vaguely looked at the course information for bath. I didn't look at warwick's courses. But thanks anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed