?
Report 4 years ago
You get things like this if they didn't have sex education . :cool:

username1504459
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But it's one of the most important things to learn about!
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely should not be banned, should be mandatory.
jordanhenderson.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zaby786)
Some people say it should be banned what do you think? Plz comment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who says it should be banned? If anything, more attention should be brought to it. In a time where teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases are in abundance, compulsory, age appropriate, sex education lessons are needed. I don't remember once being taught about safe sex whilst at school. Sexual health is important and young people should definitely be taught about it, in detail too
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It should start slightly earlier. Some kids start puberty earlier than average - these kids might start puberty and not have any information about the changes happening to them. They should also be taught how to look stuff up for themselves, so they can find stuff out for themselves using reliable websites.

And the people who want it banned (which is a tiny minority) should be told in no uncertain terms to go forth and multiply. There are no valid arguments for the removal of sex education from the curriculum.
kingdoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It should be mandatory and should include double standard for all types of relationships including heterosexual/homosexual/transgender to let children understand from a young age that they are normal.
zaby786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Some schools or the majority is wooried about their kids so like Asian parents are mostly concerned!

Posted from TSR Mobile
sdotd
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it must be taught but it's at what age is the tricky bit
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jordanhenderson.)
Who says it should be banned? If anything, more attention should be brought to it. In a time where teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases are in abundance, compulsory, age appropriate, sex education lessons are needed. I don't remember once being taught about safe sex whilst at school. Sexual health is important and young people should definitely be taught about it, in detail too
Actually, teenage pregnancy has been declining for years now, and comprehensive sex education has a lot to do with that. Though you still get the odd moron (thankfully this is rare) who thinks sex education increases the rate of teenage pregnancy and things like that.
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it's very awkward and very stupid, why bring up sexual stuff in school in front of a bunch of kids. stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
zaby786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I agree but also if they didn't have it girls and boys wouldn't know where they stand in the society so "girls and their 101 probs" 😃
Applescruff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like this approach. Especially Hufflepuff.

Attached files
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RFowler)
Actually, teenage pregnancy has been declining for years now, and comprehensive sex education has a lot to do with that. Though you still get the odd moron (thankfully this is rare) who thinks sex education increases the rate of teenage pregnancy and things like that.
STIs though if I remember correctly are unfortunately rising :/
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sex ed is pretty helpful shizznit.

Well for me it was a bit useless cuz I found most things out before I got the lessons but it does teach useful stuff that people need to know. Should not be banned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.96%
No (154)
74.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed