I hate BTEC business, and I am stuck with it over the next two years!!!!!!!

Watch
FBT
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am frustrated with the amount of BTEC business work I get. I was actually forced by my sixth form to do the subject, which had led me to become quite depressed. Also I can't do enough revision for AS psychology. I also do BTEC IT, which is fine.

All the BTEC business work I had submitted, was up to a distinction level, however my school decided to lower everyone's grade from a distinction to a Pass grade!!!

The main reason for this is because why our grades went lower was because we didn't include EVERY SINGLE WORD FROM THE UNIT CONTENT SHEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I drop BTEC business, I am stuck with TWO a-levels, meaning that I would get kicked out of my sixth form. The only option I have is to restart the year in a college.

WHAT SHOULD I DO??????????
Charleygirl77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to think about this seriously I feel the same but business isnt all that bad trust me. I've been doing it for two years. You can do it trust me I picked all BTEC's wasn't the smartest plan I had but I love business.
T.I.P
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did BTEC Business... its okay, I found National Diploma very boring.
nottreece
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did BTEC extended diploma in business and i really enjoyed it and managed to get D*D*D*. I am now studying BA Business at Uni and it has come in useful with some of my modules.

If you do decide to stay on with the BTEC and ever need any help with any of the assignments, just let me know and I will try and help you best i can.

Just remember when deciding, what do you want to do after the final 2 years? is it going to be useful?
ParadoxSocks
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If your work is genuinely at distinction level and it happened to everyone then it'll be bumped up during moderation by the external examiner. No school wants to give out low grades - it hits our funding and ruins recruitment for next year.

It's just one module, jump the hoops - they're very easy to find online, and you'll be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (426)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.43%

Watched Threads