Males whoa re in a romantic relationship with a female, would you like her to...

Watch
MylittlePlusle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Propose to you? Females that are in a relationship with a male would you propose to him?

Males, would you wear an engagement ring?
Astronomical
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Call me traditional, but if ever I were to get married (unlikely since I believe it to be little more than an insurance contract, as highlighted by the front page in the Evening Standard a couple of days ago) I'd like to be the one to propose.

I wouldn't like wearing an engagement ring because I don't like jewellery, but I would have no choice.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've had this discussion with my husband before. I told him that if he hadn't proposed to me, I wouldn't have proposed. He says he knows - I'm traditional, I think the man should propose. *cue feminist outcries everywhere*

He proposed to me. He didn't wear an engagement ring, no. He does wear a wedding ring though.
rotkäppchen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I really felt I wanted to, I wouldn't think twice about proposing. I think it's just as fine for a woman to do it (from my point of view), but I am aware that men might feel different about that, so maybe that would hold me back. That being said, I am not interested in marriage in the first place, so the scenario is unlikely to be a dilemma for me. And I know the question was directed at guys, but, no I wouldn't like wearing an engagement ring, I really don't like wearing jewellery.
The Zoologist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No self-respecting man would accept a woman's proposal. I'd be well embarassed when retelling that story especially to the kids they'd instantly lose respect for you.

There's something definitely desperate and unattractive about women who propose to their would-be husbands and indeed women who chase men when it should be the other way around.

Maybe I'm just quaint but I'd prefer my future wife to wait for me to pop the question instead of putting me on the spot like that. If it ever happened in a public setting I'd be mortified.
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would have proposed if my husband didn't. He said he didn't mind at all.

As for engagement ring, he had one but couldn't wear it in his finger as it didn't fit. When he proposed it was spontaneous so he didn't have the ring (yet) and I was wearing my grandmother's ring so I ended up giving it to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freudian Slip
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Heh, little old traditional me would prefer to be proposed to, but I've mentioned that I'd likely propose if ever my partner didn't and he's cool with that. He couldn't wear jewellery in his line of work, however, so an engagement or even wedding ring would be outta the question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads