UCL Summer Challenge 2015 - Games, Strategy and Machines Watch

UCL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
UCL Summer Challenge is a programme of subject specific courses for Year 12 student attending state schools in or near London, whose parents have not been to university, and who are academically high achieving.

In this Summer Challenge, you will learn about games and strategies and see what strategies we can use to win at games. We’ll use the theory of games to understand the world and see how it can explain animal behaviour, competing businesses and even political standoffs. During the course you’ll learn how to program a computer and we’ll discuss whether a computer could ever really think. You’ll use these new programming skills and your own strategies to write a program that uses tactics to play Connect 4. In the final session you’ll pitch your program against the other students in a tournament to see who is the ultimate tactician.

What are the benefits of taking part in Summer Challenge?
Summer Challenge is an impressive achievement to include on your UCAS personal statement. As a Summer Challenge participant, you will develop your independent research, critical thinking, public speaking and academic writing skills - all essential for university. You will also gain a detailed insight into the UCL student experience and the range of degree programmes on offer, and have reading access to the UCL libraries until mid September 2015.

Furthermore, Summer Challenge participants who complete the programme will have the chance to apply for a space on our personal statements clinic in Autumn of Year 13 and the opportunity to apply for the UCL London Opportunities Scholarship, worth £4,000 per year of undergraduate study.

When and where?
Summer Challenge runs for six weeks at UCL's campus in Bloomsbury during June and July, on either Tuesday or Wednesday evenings, from 4.30pm – 6.30pm.

How do I apply?
To find out more about the Summer Challenge and to apply, please visit www.ucl.ac.uk/summerchallenge

Before making your application, please take into account the entry requirements and eligibility criteria for the Summer Challenge programme.
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As a former graduate of UCL, I cannot help but have a soft spot for this University, so I would like to give my endorsement to the UCL summer programme.
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
As a former graduate of UCL.
Me too. TSR UCL Club.
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr M)
Me too. TSR UCL Club.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.41%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.66%
No (129)
35.93%

Watched Threads