The Student Room Group

Kent University or Leicester

Basically cant decide between Kent and Leicester on which to firm for Economics, help!
Reply 1
I believe Leicester is better and it's higher in the rankings.
Original post by Exulted
I believe Leicester is better and it's higher in the rankings.

Have you been or know anyone who has been to either?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
If you look on this website Kent is one space higher than Leicester for economics and in 2014 it was also much higher than Leicester however it is up to you :smile: and it isn't all about league tables (well to me it is)
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a current Leicester student my advice to you is...

...that you shouldn't decide based purely on rankings. Yeah, sure, Leicester might be that tiny bit more *prestigious* than Kent, but bare in mind that you'll be spending the best part of three or four years at whichever University you choose. I'd suggest visiting both cities and directly contacting students who currently study at each University to get their respective opinions.
Original post by Hippysnake
As a current Leicester student my advice to you is...

...that you shouldn't decide based purely on rankings. Yeah, sure, Leicester might be that tiny bit more *prestigious* that Kent, but bare in mind that you'll be spending the best part of three or four years at whichever University you choose. I'd suggest visiting both cities and directly contacting students who currently study at each University to get their respective opinions.

Do you not like Leicester then?
Original post by honeyandlemon
Do you not like Leicester then?

I didn't say that. I do like Leicester. I'm just saying that you'll be spending a good deal of time here, so it's best to come down and have a look around before making your mind up.

Spoiler

I didn't say that. I do like Leicester. I'm just saying that you'll be spending a good deal of time here, so it's best to come down and have a look around before making your mind up.

Spoiler

I nearly firmed Leicester but opted for Manchester in the end. Just be honest, why you getting tired of it? I liked the uni when I looked round but didn't like the city...
Canterbury is much nicer than Leicester. The halls are also much nearer the lecture theatres ...

Spoiler

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. Just one question, have/do you attend Leicester Uni and if so what's your overall opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by honeyandlemon
I nearly firmed Leicester but opted for Manchester in the end. Just be honest, why you getting tired of it? I liked the uni when I looked round but didn't like the city...

You'd get tired of anywhere if you were stuck there for five years.
Original post by A level sufferer
Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. Just one question, have/do you attend Leicester Uni and if so what's your overall opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

I attend the Medical School, which is like a side branch of the University, so I don't know much about the rest of the Uni. Seems like a nice enough place though.

Oh, I do know they dug up King Richard III and are hell bent on getting every last bit of publicity they can squeeze out of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending