Tay24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I want to study BA Journalism at uni this year but not sure which one to go for. Ive visited and received offers from both LCC and Westminster but really confused with which one I should go for.

I love the atmosphere at LCC but not sure whether its good enough for Journalism?

Any advice on either of the unis?
kd1996
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm in exactly the same position!

Its so hard to pick because they're both in London and both have pretty good reputations for journalism.

Westminster is ranked 5th in the UK for journalism and only 39% percent of applicants are accepted which makes me think it would be better for the course. The facilities also seem a little newer/better than at LCC. Halls are also cheaper.

However, LCCs got such a buzz and living in central would be sickk. They also offer a work placement in second year which they don't at Westminster. Although if someone doesn't have the initiative/motivation to get work experience from themselves then maybe they shouldn't be a journalist lol.

Did you have an interview for LCC? I didn't, which makes me feel like they'll give someone an offer without being 100% sure they're good enough/right for the course.

Sorry for the essay I'm just having so much difficulty deciding haha
Tay24
Rep:
?
I am so glad that I've found someone in the same situation!x I know on paper Westminster is probably better out of the two but like you said I just love the whole atmosphere at LCC and I am not sure about the location of Westminster I like where LCC is based but just so concerned as to whether it's going to help me become the journalist I know I can be. No I didn't have an interview at LCC, I agree it concerns me too. How did you find your interview at Westminster?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lifeisajoke
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LCC! It was my first choice but I got rejected (final year before the fee rise, they had hundreds of applicants) . I ended up going to LSBU across the road and the location is FANTASTIC, especially for finding stories, always so much going on in the local area
Tay24
Rep:
?
Hey thanks for your reply! Ah right, Yeah I love the location it felt so buzzy and exciting. I was just concerned with whether it has a good reputation of not but my heart is with LCC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AntonioSpain
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

Have you ended up in LCC? How's the course going? Is it good? I'm in the same situation now and don't know how to choose!
BeatrizV
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AntonioSpain)
Hi

Have you ended up in LCC? How's the course going? Is it good? I'm in the same situation now and don't know how to choose!
Hey! I'm in the same situation too haha! I really don't know what to do
Abbythelove1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got offers for Media Communications from both Westminster and London College of Communication. Which one should I pick? I am so confused!
EmilijaKoc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Abbythelove1611)
I got offers for Media Communications from both Westminster and London College of Communication. Which one should I pick? I am so confused!
Hi, I also got offers for Media Comm from both universities and now I don’t know which one should I pick. Where you ended up ?
Last edited by EmilijaKoc; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (276)
56.44%
I don't have everything I need (213)
43.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed