9. Momma
10. Hood Politics
11. How Much A Dollar Cost
12. Complexion
13. The Blacker The Berry
14. You Ain't Gotta Lie (Momma Said)
15. I
16. Mortal Man

Release date is March 23rd, that's the track list (apparently) and the artwork is posted above. There are two singles that have been released for this so far.

Anyway, this will probably leak any day now and is one of the most anticipated albums this year so it's worth it's own thread.

I have high expectations for this.

You can pre order the CD on Amazon to get it for March 23rd - http://www.amazon.co.uk/To-Pimp-Butt...t_mus_ep_dpi_1
Devel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As soon as I heard Blacker The Berry I was excited for this album.
Devran22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Guys it's released early on iTunes and Spotify,!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
tillytots
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
been streaming it on spotify all morning, it's so good.
Devran22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
After a first listen, I felt that section 80 and gkmc are better. But am in my second run-through and it Deffo different, may acc change my mind. Buying it as soon as it comes into Amazon.
It's different to everything out there atm so it's quite hard to judge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Devel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Brilliant.
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Love the sound of the album. The beats definitely remind me of Section 80.
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Love the ambience of the album, can't go wrong with jazz, soul and funk. About half way through, King Kunta and These Walls are early faves so far
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just got in and seen its leaked. Gonna get it and report back.
Devran22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
After my second listen, I was just astounded. Beautiful stuff! Bought it just an hour ago. This and lupe fiasco tetsuo and youth has to be in the top three albums of 2015. It'll be hard to beat outdo these two. However tpab is the opposite to mainstream and so may not get many votes.
Bc99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Incredible. It's the perfect album.
username917703
Rep:
?
First impressions: this is sounding like a 3.5/5 at the moment. 'For Free' sounds like it was nicked straight off The Love Below. The production is good though.

I'm enjoying it so far.
username917703
Rep:
?
2nd time listening now, this is really good but Kendrick's vocals are annoying me a bit in places. There is one track where he's basically just rhyming 'something *****, something something *****' which just feels lazy. The actual sound of his voice on For Free is annoying as well, does anyone else feel like this?

The album is getting rave reviews though.
username917703
Rep:
?
+ to expand on the above post, the second half of 'u' as well where he sounds like a puppy when you step on it's paw by accident and they yelp.
T-the-Dreamer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was just wondering what was the consensus on this album?

I personally love it for reasons I could go on about endlessly
BB1523
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did you find it? I found it to be a little bit too abstract and experimental tbh, it was a hard listen...
BB1523
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by T-the-Dreamer)
I was just wondering what was the consensus on this album?

I personally love it for reasons I could go on about endlessly
How did you find it? I found it to be a little bit too abstract and experimental tbh, it was a hard listen...
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Amazing. Been the only thing I've listened to in the last 48 hours because it's so dense and there are a lot of concepts to take in and appreciate. Whilst I think GKMC had better tracks, I appreciate this more as a whole as everything is perfect in the context in the album.

Wesley's Theory... What a song
T-the-Dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BB1523)
I get you're coming from. I listened to a few interviews so I knew what was coming in many ways.

The abstract-ness caused me to resort to Rap Genuis (curse you Kendrick), but it speaks volumes for how honest he is in all of it. Layers of political commentary and his own behaviour being warped by simply living. Listening to "u" really hit home. By the end I felt that he's just hoping he doesn't fight the good fight alone.
T-the-Dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
Amazing. Been the only thing I've listened to in the last 48 hours because it's so dense and there are a lot of concepts to take in and appreciate. Whilst I think GKMC had better tracks, I appreciate this more as a whole as everything is perfect in the context in the album.

Wesley's Theory... What a song
Exactly my thoughts. You fell so drawn to value it as a whole than a bunch of tracks released together. He really nailed what an album is all about. When I think about what the album is, the imagery of a painting comes to mind. You can't dismantle a painting, simply weigh it for all it brings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (94)
14.9%
Yes - a food allergy (67)
10.62%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.38%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.54%
No (439)
69.57%

Watched Threads