The Student Room Group

How to switch to a different uni engineering course?

I'm currently a first year engineering student at the University of Bath and to be honest, although I like the course, I don't think the uni is for me. I think I'd like to move to another uni, specifically UCL. My A levels were good enough to get onto the same course there and I'm currently achieving a 2:1 at Bath, although first year grades don't count towards my degree. Is there any way to transfer at the beginning of my second year to another university and how should I go about doing this? Is it likely I would be required to start again from 1st year or could I just carry on from 2nd year assuming most of the modules I've already taken are similar to the ones UCL first years take? Any advice from anyone who's done a similar transfer would be much appreciated,
Reply 1
Original post by DPats
I'm currently a first year engineering student at the University of Bath and to be honest, although I like the course, I don't think the uni is for me. I think I'd like to move to another uni, specifically UCL. My A levels were good enough to get onto the same course there and I'm currently achieving a 2:1 at Bath, although first year grades don't count towards my degree. Is there any way to transfer at the beginning of my second year to another university and how should I go about doing this? Is it likely I would be required to start again from 1st year or could I just carry on from 2nd year assuming most of the modules I've already taken are similar to the ones UCL first years take? Any advice from anyone who's done a similar transfer would be much appreciated,

you have to email UCL right now if you want this to be a feasible option with information about your grades and modules and see what they say. You can only transfer if you've covered the same sort of stuff in your first year as some uni's (although you're learning the same material slightly change it around in terms of the order you learn it)
I'd also take into account how the course is viewed at UCL compared to Bath as the latter has a much, much better reputation for engineering and UCL's engineering department is often described as dreadful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending