The Student Room Group

Brunel vs greenwich

Hey guys! I have a bit of a dilemma. I have been accepted to Brunel and Greenwich for civil engineering. I know Brunel is considered better but I do not really like the campus and the whole environment of the university. Should I listen to the rankings and do the sane choice and go to Brunel? I really love the Greenwich campus though and feel that I would fit in more with the students there. In addition, I have looked at house prices and it would be cheaper for me to live in Kent. Does prestige really matter for engineering anyway. Is not a masters and getting chartered more important?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by bitunsure
Hey guys! I have a bit of a dilemma. I have been accepted to Brunel and Greenwich for civil engineering. I know Brunel is considered better but I do not really like the campus and the whole environment of the university. Should I listen to the rankings and do the sane choice and go to Brunel? I really love the Greenwich campus though and feel that I would fit in more with the students there. In addition, I have looked at house prices and it would be cheaper for me to live in Kent. Does prestige really matter for engineering anyway. Is not a masters and getting chartered more important?

Thank you

Neither Brunel nor Greenwich are in Kent. Commuting would be expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Greenwich has a campus in Medway,Kent and the engineering faculty is there.
Reply 3
Original post by bitunsure
Greenwich has a campus in Medway,Kent and the engineering faculty is there.

I sit corrected...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest