trying to work out whats in life for me Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i dunno if this counts as mental health, or if this is a normal feeling, but ive just been feeling pretty rubbish and unmotivated and low for probably a little over a year now. im half way through my A2 studies and i just feel nervous all the time. its frustrating because i know there's technically nothing wrong and that im lucky to have what i do, but it just makes no different. that doesnt make me happy. nothing seems to - at least not really, sincerely. my friend said she thought i was putting too much weight on exam/academic success, and yeah, that is a factor, but thats really not the main issue.
im so scared. im so scared about failing and blaming myself for it and being unhappy for the rest of my life, full of regret. but im even more scared of getting into the uni that i want, graduating with the grades i want, getting the job i want, whatever, and still feeling like this. because its been ages now and it wont go away. i have no idea what might make me happy because it seems impossible. so when im sat here trying to do my homework and stressing out about exams, i just get a little upset because im looking forwards and all i see is more. ive done my gcses, my AS, then ill do my A2s, then ill do uni, then ill have a job, and i dont understand what all this work is for because i genuinely do not see what is in it for me and why i should do this. ill still try, and go along with it all, because at the end of the day im quite a perfectionist and feel pressured to do well, but at the same time, im still worried about getting exactly what i thought i wanted and still being unhappy. im just in a perpetual state of worrying and regretting, and being disappointed with life. im scared of the stupidest things. i spent my bus journey to school today petrified that the bus was gonna tip over. why? who knows. there was no reason why it should, but i was so scared at the time. why do i worry about such stupid things?
i dont know if this is normal, but if anyone else feels like this itd be good to know.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I completely understand how you feel, I'm scared to fail but I'm also scared to succeed because I don't see the point either. I glad I'm not the only only one who feels like that I just hope it gets better. By the way I worry about the bus tipping over too and make sure I'm near one of the emergency exits all the time.
democracyforum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
help others.

The solution to thinking about yourself, is to think about others.

Who can judge you, criticise you, evaluate you, compare you, if you do charity and good for others ?

Isn't the problem we are doing what we think others think we should do , and what society thinks we should do ,
because we always feel "assessed" on our money and our looks and education ?

Who can criticise someone that helps charities, helps others, and not themselves .
muf_mur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you aren't alone..i feel pretty much the same and hav given up doing anything abt it

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
13.1%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.83%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (32)
13.97%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (27)
11.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
30.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise