The Student Room Group

Pupillage gateway question

I have a question about the applications - I applied a few years ago and I can't remember whether all of the answers to the questions can be changed so that you can tailor them to different chambers - clearly the questions about which chambers and areas of law can be changed but what about the others?
Reply 1
No one knows???
Original post by pupil2016
No one knows???

The Federation for Actuarial Quantification (FAQ) knows:

Can I tailor all sections of my application to each pupillage vacancy?

Yes. You will be able to tailor all of the sections of the application form to each pupillage vacancy. If you applied in 2014, your application data will be pulled from your main applicant record across into the first live application you start for 2015. If you use the practice online application form to prepare your answers first, any information that is saved on that form will update your main applicant record and pull through into your first live application for 2015.

http://www.pupillagegateway.com/faqs/#app3

Are you sure you are suited for a career in law? ;/
Reply 3
Thanks! apparently I'm not allowed to rate you again.
I remembered before some of it like education got locked in but I suppose this is pretty clear.
Thanks! apparently I'm not allowed to rate you again.

!?

I remembered before some of it like education got locked in but I suppose this is pretty clear.

I would hope that they do have one entry for basic information, you wouldn't want to be proof-reading them all would you?
Reply 5
Original post by typonaut
!?

I would hope that they do have one entry for basic information, you wouldn't want to be proof-reading them all would you?

My understanding this the the first would get copied across but you would be able to edit the bits you want
Reply 6
also, why the constant warning:
IMPORTANT - your real application forms will be filled with information from this practice form when you begin applying. Please only enter genuine information: it is not advised to type test or placeholder information in this form.

Even when it gets transferred across to real applications you can still change it right?
also, why the constant warning:
IMPORTANT - your real application forms will be filled with information from this practice form when you begin applying. Please only enter genuine information: it is not advised to type test or placeholder information in this form.

Even when it gets transferred across to real applications you can still change it right?

Well, like I wrote above, do you really want to be proof-reading, editing a dozen applications because you filled in one incorrectly?
Actually, I do have a different question. I remember reading some time ago a warning about the sets that you apply to, in the sense that they can all see the other sets that you have applied to. ie don't apply to a load of criminal sets and a chancery set, because the latter won't believe that you are really interested in the type of work that they do.

Is it true that the sets you apply to can see the other sets that you have applied to?
Reply 9
Actually, I do have a different question. I remember reading some time ago a warning about the sets that you apply to, in the sense that they can all see the other sets that you have applied to. ie don't apply to a load of criminal sets and a chancery set, because the latter won't believe that you are really interested in the type of work that they do.

Is it true that the sets you apply to can see the other sets that you have applied to?

Very much doubt this is true, and do chambers really care/ have the time to analyze this information? Why would they put this feature in?
Reply 10
Well, like I wrote above, do you really want to be proof-reading, editing a dozen applications because you filled in one incorrectly?

I don't understand this point...
Very much doubt this is true, and do chambers really care/ have the time to analyze this information? Why would they put this feature in?

Well, they make arbitrary decisions about all sorts of things in order to filter you in or out of the application process, why wouldn't they be interested in what other applications you are making? I just recall reading it at some point.
I don't understand this point...

If you fill in the test application with "test" data that is incorrect, and if that test data gets copied into the first draught of each subsequent application, then you are going to be proof-reading/editing that same data 12 times over.
Reply 13
If you fill in the test application with "test" data that is incorrect, and if that test data gets copied into the first draught of each subsequent application, then you are going to be proof-reading/editing that same data 12 times over.

Ah ok, that's the bit I didn't understand, last time I applied it was the first application you submitted that got copied over rather than the practice application. Thanks!

Maybe I will write to gateway people and ask them about seeing other chambers! I would also like to know as applying to 2 areas!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending