Chrissyjbrown
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi im doing a art gcse on the topic apart and together i need some ideas for my 10 hour art exam HELP !!! ☺️😓
Nisr123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Make a mind map on the topic. Include any words or phrases or ideas that link to the the theme. Use the internet for inspiration, more specifically www.thisiscolossal.com. If you get stuck, use synonyms of 'apart and together' to help you find different ways of looking at the theme. Don't be embarrassed to include weird and wacky ideas, because that is what the examiner is looking for. As long as its vaguely relevant and you can discuss how it links to the theme, then you can include it.

- From someone who got an A* for Art at GCSE.
Chrissyjbrown
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you i have done a mind map but just cant think of ideas 😏
pinkypaz123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What about soul mates? They are apart but then they find each other and come together?
Nisr123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chrissyjbrown)
Thank you i have done a mind map but just cant think of ideas ������
I know how you feel but it really is better if you do think of your own ideas, but since I remember what it was like to be super stuck, I'll think of some...

Apart and Together... - Like the other person said, 'soulmates' is a good idea. You could pretty much use any kind of close/special relationship like parent and child, siblings, husband/boyfriend and wife/girlfriend etc... You could make some kind of narrative painting or something... and even do some photography. You could show changes in a relationship such as being really in love/happy in one minute and then arguing/fighting in the next.

You could also think of it has breaking things, i.e before the pieces were together and now they are apart, and maybe the broken object will never be the same... etc This could link to other themes like decaying, fragmentation. You can use techniques such as cutting/ripping paper... maybe make a slab of clay, paint on it, and then shatter/break it...

Similarly, you could find ways of merging objects together that normally don't go together. You could make it really creepy and surreal with painting/photography, or sort of abstract.

You could think of it geographically with borders between countries and like draw/paint on a map, personify countries as people or something... because in some ways, the countries in the continent are together in that they are all one chunk of land but politics have separated them. You could go and relate it to issues about war and racism in that we are all humans (together) but we separate ourselves from each other for no reason... etc

But yeah, can't think of any more right now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.82%
No (313)
70.18%

Watched Threads