The Student Room Group

QTS Skills Test 2015

Scroll to see replies

No. I spent all week googling it. I even showed my maths co ordinator at the school I work at and she didn't even know. I think it was a glorified scatter graph lol. I love box and whiskers too! I have also bought an app on Apple but the questions are pretty similar to all others I have done!
Reply 41
Hi all

I have my numeracy test in 2 weeks I have passed the literacy. I am so so scared. Maths has never being a favourite of mine. So scared. Any advice?!

Thank you
Reply 42
Original post by lilyj93
Hi all

I have my numeracy test in 2 weeks I have passed the literacy. I am so so scared. Maths has never being a favourite of mine. So scared. Any advice?!

Thank you

Timetables, fractions, percentages and decimals are key and keep a good eye on your timing, I had mine last week and I ended up missing 2 questions because I took too long. Another thing I would say is answer all the questions, guess ones you aren't sure of if you're running out of time- I did this on a number of onscreen questions and somehow miraculously passed.

Good luck and don't worry, you can pass with no problem if you revise well and have a positive attitude :smile:
Hi guys,
I passed my literacy yesterday but unfortunately failed my numeracy by 3 marks! I was sort of expecting it though because maths is my worst fear; I literally get panic attacks. I was revising 4hrs daily, have finished vali nassar & mark patmore books, done all the online practices 4 times over and still failed. It was slightly easier than the online ones but 2 questions totally threw me e.g. 125/225 in the mental maths, I just gave up!
I've ordered the new edition of the vali nassar book for more practice cos have booked my 2nd try for may 19th. From what I can see on here a lot of people are recommending the numeracy ready site? Shall I try it?
Best of luck to all!
Reply 44
Thank you for all your advice would you say the test is easier or not?

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! That question is ridiculous! What was the other one? Hope your okay
Reply 45
I personally found it more difficult than the practice tests. There was a weird looking graph towards the end of the test too
Reply 46
Can you the describe the graph like what was it like? Did you pass?
I'm so scared. Would you say it was like the practices? X
Reply 47
Original post by lilyj93
Can you the describe the graph like what was it like? Did you pass?
I'm so scared. Would you say it was like the practices? X

The graph data consisted of horizontal bars with a percentage of the bar shaded in, I'm sorry I don't remember it better.

I passed thankfully but I honestly guessed a lot of the questions.

Most of it was like the practice tests so I think if you revise using the books and online resources, you should be more than okay.

You can do it! Be positive x
Reply 48
Thank you I am genuinely petrified but I'm go of to try my best. I passed a moc today with 18/28 which is just the pass mark so need to keep going! X
Reply 49
Exactly, just keep on going, practice is key. Don't worry honestly, you have two weeks, a good couple of hours a day and you can do it. You've passed your Literacy so you're halfway there :smile:

Which uni are you planning to go to?
Reply 50
Thank you so much. Just hope it happens on the day that's the key thing. Yeah you are right going to keep going and hopefully luck is on my side on the day! X
Reply 51
And bishop grosseste I have been offered a place at. How about you?
Reply 52
No worries, just have to believe in yourself.

Ahh I'm hoping to go to Newman :smile:
I have just failed my English skills test, and I know my fall down was the grammar section which is where you choose the most appropriate sentence. They all look very similar to me. Does anyone have any particular way of find out the right answer?
Original post by CraigBlake
I have just failed my English skills test, and I know my fall down was the grammar section which is where you choose the most appropriate sentence. They all look very similar to me. Does anyone have any particular way of find out the right answer?

There's a really good book on amazon by Jim Johnson 'Passing the Literacy Skills Test.' It's really good and he explains things very well! I passed my literacy about a month ago and the main thing on grammar is to know what to use where i.e: who and whom. I would definitely recommend the book though, a lot of my friends has said it helped them out! Don't worry about it though, I have my Maths tomorrow and I am terrified! Took me 4 attempts at GCSE!
Reply 55
Original post by lindsey101
There's a really good book on amazon by Jim Johnson 'Passing the Literacy Skills Test.' It's really good and he explains things very well! I passed my literacy about a month ago and the main thing on grammar is to know what to use where i.e: who and whom. I would definitely recommend the book though, a lot of my friends has said it helped them out! Don't worry about it though, I have my Maths tomorrow and I am terrified! Took me 4 attempts at GCSE!

Hi, sorry to intrude I also failed literacy but on the comprehension part, does this book cover much about that? The implicity contradicted and explicity contradicted part really confused me!
Original post by RW393
No worries, just have to believe in yourself.

Ahh I'm hoping to go to Newman :smile:

HEY i've also put newman as my firm :smile:
But there is one problem, apparently we have to pass the skills test by 1st may and that's on friday--- I tried to book my literacy skills test but there is NO dates available :frown::confused: What do i do??? :/

Okay now i've found one for saturday
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes it does! It covers all areas of the exam!
Original post by bswaz
Hi, sorry to intrude I also failed literacy but on the comprehension part, does this book cover much about that? The implicity contradicted and explicity contradicted part really confused me!

Yes it does! It covers all areas of the exam! Implicitly contradicted means that is it hinted at in the passage, but there is nothing to back it up and explicitly contradicted means that there is a firm statement contradicting it. The book wil help! Good Luck!
Hi Everyone

A couple of people on here have mentioned wanting private tutors for their numeracy QTS tests. I am a local (Lancaster based) tutor who can provide tuition for the QTS tests in both numeracy and literacy. I teach maths and English to adults for a living, I have done this full time for four years now. I had to pass these tests myself and have prepared several people for the maths test in the last few years.

If you are interested in private tuition for these tests, please contact me at makingmathseasy at gmail dot com and I can arrange a consultation with you. I am happy to teach you at my house or meet you at a local library or your own home instead if you prefer.

Hope to hear from some of you soon

Kate Halls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending