The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Mechanical Engineering

Hi. I need some help concerning this course. I intend to get into the automobile sector after the degree but from what I have seen from the course content and the examples of employers and a sentence in prospectus where graduates predominately go into consultancy and the finance sectors I'm not sure if the course is right for me at all.

The department is highly ranked because of it's employment prospects but genuinely speaking I'm more interested in how highly the actual course is ranked? The one thing I trully like about the course is the ratio between class time and labs, it's really good because I want to apply the academics to the real world; But that's it. I have had offers from Loughborough and Birmingham Universities whose course are more aligned to the automobile sector but they both tend to have less lab to class ratio and that's where Nottingham wins hands down.

so anyone have any thoughts not their experience, work placements opportunities, general feel about the course and its content.

Thanks for any assistance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending