stephxox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
has anybody got their offers for Huddersfield yet to study ODP starting September?
joe coronado
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I have got a conditional offer! Im going to an applicant visit day on Wednesday! Have you booked accommodation? I don't know which one to go for going to look at them on Tuesday I was told not to go to Storthes hall as bus doesn't start until 8 and we need to be in placement before that
DaisyJane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been looking at Aspley House which is dead close by. It's got a cinema too! Anyone else looked there?
joe coronado
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really liked the castings. Trouble is they don't have parking and I don't think aspley house has either. I think its gonna have to be saw mill for me because I might need a car to get to placement. Its between sharing a room with 3 others at snow island or sharing a room with 10 at saw mill. Think I'm gonna go for the 10.
DaisyJane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah they do have parking at Aspley, it's in the middle of the blocks so it's quite hidden from the road. I think I'm sharing with about four other people.
joe coronado
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DaisyJane)
Yeah they do have parking at Aspley, it's in the middle of the blocks so it's quite hidden from the road. I think I'm sharing with about four other people.
I have booked saw mill. Im sharing with 9 other people who are all 1st years. I chose saw mill as it had the most parking spaces. Aspley looked nice wish mine had a cinema. I had option of sharing with 3 or 9 others.
Kuroneko
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Storthes now has a new bus that runs at 7:30 AM.
joe coronado
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I guess it depends on what placement you are given if you are given a placement far away you will probably need to leave earlier than 7:30 but there is no way of knowing what placement you are going to be given :-(
Rosiew0418
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey

where has everyone chosen for accommodation ?
joe coronado
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rosiew0418)
Hey

where has everyone chosen for accommodation ?
I have booked saw mill as it had the most parking spaces as they said you can use snow island parking too. I really liked the look of the castings but they hardly had any parking and said there was a lot of interest for the spaces. I had to book saw mill really as I don't know if I will be given a placement which I will need my car.
Rosiew0418
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by joe coronado)
I have booked saw mill as it had the most parking spaces as they said you can use snow island parking too. I really liked the look of the castings but they hardly had any parking and said there was a lot of interest for the spaces. I had to book saw mill really as I don't know if I will be given a placement which I will need my car.
aww cool Im thinking of either saw mill or aspley. Probs go with saw mill for more places to park tho
Rosiew0418
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also did you book the 44 week or 51 week ?
joe coronado
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rosiew0418)
Also did you book the 44 week or 51 week ?
I booked the 44 week they said you can buy the 51 week later on in the year if you need it. Looking at the timetable with the course dates on I think we will only need the 44 week one anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
rifat1987
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stephxox)
has anybody got their offers for Huddersfield yet to study ODP starting September?

I have!! Im starting this sep too!!
rifat1987
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hey have you booked aspley house?? im thinking of going there too.
DaisyJane
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rifat1987)
hey have you booked aspley house?? im thinking of going there too.
Yesh, the cinema looks ace! Have you had a look around?
rifat1987
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yesh, the cinema looks ace! Have you had a look around?
Im going there today to look around a few of them. Il let u knwww lol we can hook up beforeee uniii wud b awesomee lol!!
Fairycake.T
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stephxox)
Hiii could u tell me how your interview went, I have an interview for ODP July 3rd ... Really nervous
SteMul300
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anybody else staying in ashenhurst houses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
natalia97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Going to Huddersfield in September. No idea on the accommodation.....
what are the types that there are? Any tips from previous occupants? Would be a great help because I have no idea where I want to go. I looked at Snow island and Castings but it's expensive. I heard many concerns and people who hated Slorthes so don't want that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (25)
67.57%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
16.22%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
16.22%

Watched Threads