AS Level Philosophy and Ethics revision tips?

Watch this thread
mickfitz
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am currently studying OCR AS Level Philosophy of Religion and Religious Ethics. I was just wondering if anyone has any successful revision tips for philosophy and ethics because I am unsure how I should try and revise for this kind of subject. Any revision tips would be most appreciated.
rumana101
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mickfitz)
I am currently studying OCR AS Level Philosophy of Religion and Religious Ethics. I was just wondering if anyone has any successful revision tips for philosophy and ethics because I am unsure how I should try and revise for this kind of subject. Any revision tips would be most appreciated.
considering on doing this for AS, same board and everything, is the course enjoyable and is it hard to achieve a the elusive grade 'A'. What are your predicted for this subject?
mickfitz
Rep:
(Original post by rumana101)
considering on doing this for AS, same board and everything, is the course enjoyable and is it hard to achieve a the elusive grade 'A'. What are your predicted for this subject?
The subject is not very difficult unless you really do want to get a B or an A and then it just becomes a nightmare! I am targeted a C but am looking to get a B. I am consistently getting low Cs / high Ds and so this is why I am trying to look for useful revision tips!!!
Katie97
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Just perfect your essay writing skills by doing past Qs and handing them to your teacher to mark. Take the comments on board and improve. You'll boost marks just for having a coherent and well thought out argument for part Bs, make sure to learn all the terminology as well such as 'predicate', 'a posteriori', etc , examiners love that and always comment on it in examiner reports. Last year I found the best way to ensure 10/10 on part Bs was to have a clear opinion throughout, countering/arguing against every single piece of evidence that contradicts your view. Make sure to always put the opposite opinion, but make sure you afterwards say why this opinion is not as good as yours! Also, your conclusion needs to be good, so leave your best point/argument until last. You can ensure you do this by doing a little plan that takes 5 minutes of the things you will cover before you begin to write.
mickfitz
Rep:
(Original post by Katie97)
Just perfect your essay writing skills by doing past Qs and handing them to your teacher to mark. Take the comments on board and improve. You'll boost marks just for having a coherent and well thought out argument for part Bs, make sure to learn all the terminology as well such as 'predicate', 'a posteriori', etc , examiners love that and always comment on it in examiner reports. Last year I found the best way to ensure 10/10 on part Bs was to have a clear opinion throughout, countering/arguing against every single piece of evidence that contradicts your view. Make sure to always put the opposite opinion, but make sure you afterwards say why this opinion is not as good as yours! Also, your conclusion needs to be good, so leave your best point/argument until last. You can ensure you do this by doing a little plan that takes 5 minutes of the things you will cover before you begin to write.
Thank you very much, I think it is my part Bs that are letting me down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (0)
0%
Take a gap year (0)
0%
Resit my exams (1)
100%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (0)
0%
I don't know yet (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads