Should I take Edexcel A level geography?? HELP PLEASE! Watch

lilyolivia123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm unsure if I should take geography or media studies (both very differnt I know)
which is why I am asking for any experiences of the subject and advice! Thank you
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
em.d_4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lilyolivia123)
I'm unsure if I should take geography or media studies (both very differnt I know)
which is why I am asking for any experiences of the subject and advice! Thank you
I did edexcel geog and essentially it is a pretty easy A level and yet remains fairly well respected. People at uni laugh when they hear i took geog but that is because people know it's a bit easy. Media studies isn't really a respected subject at alevel so i'd avoid it like the plague if it were me. But i guess that depends what you're planning for after your a levels.
noveria
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lilyolivia123)
Hello, I did Edexcel A Level Geography and I'm doing Physical Geography at a Russell League uni. What I'd say straight away is that it's your choice - I won't tell you what to study. I trust you've looked at the specifications for both subjects, but I definetely recommend geography. It's more respected, it's seen as a science in most unis, the field trips are miles better, the material you'll learn in geography won't be all interesting, but there are some topics that are incredibly interesting. Furthermore, it's so relevant! It's not just looking at rocks but looking at poverty, climate, food scarcity, disease, deserts etc.etc.etc... Hope that helped, good luck with your decision!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads