PGCE Accommodation in Liverpool Watch

hcallaghan94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've been offered a place on the Early Years PGCE course starting in September 2015 but need somewhere to live. I know St. Michaels and St. Julies halls are available but is there anywhere else in Liverpool? I don't want to risk being placed in halls somewhere and be living with 1st/2nd years because its obviously a really important year!
Any help will be appreciated
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hcallaghan94)
I've been offered a place on the Early Years PGCE course starting in September 2015 but need somewhere to live. I know St. Michaels and St. Julies halls are available but is there anywhere else in Liverpool? I don't want to risk being placed in halls somewhere and be living with 1st/2nd years because its obviously a really important year!
Any help will be appreciated
Hi hcallaghan94,

Congratulations on your offer and sorry for the delay in response. Although, St Michael's and St Julie's Halls of Residence are not available for First year students, I can understand your hesitation. If you were to live in our halls in Aigburth then you would be placed with other students studying at Postgraduate level.

If you do wish to look for other accommodation in Liverpool, there are many private housing agencies both on the high street and online, and it is very difficult to know which are going to be good landlords. We advise you to use Liverpool Student Homes (LSH) which is the official student housing agency supported by the three Liverpool Universities (Liverpool Hope, the University of Liverpool and Liverpool John Moores).

LSH is the safest place to find accommodation as all the landlords who register with them must agree to the LSH Code of Conduct and supply up-to-date gas and electricity certificates. LSH will also help you to search for accommodation and can offer advice and guidance if you have a dispute with your landlord after moving in.

LSH offers a search service, both at their office and online where reputable landlords advertise properties to rent in Liverpool. You will find adverts for larger student halls, historic buildings, smaller developments and shared houses, both in the city centre and suburbs or Liverpool. The area most popular for Liverpool Hope students is the Wavertree/Smith Down area, where there are hundreds of shared houses, plus local shops and pubs catering for students.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions then please just let me know.

Thanks
Charlotte
Cheryl782
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! What university will you be studying the PGCE at? I am in the same situation
hcallaghan94
Rep:
?
Hiya! I'm studying at Liverpool Hope how about you?
Cheryl782
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't realise this was in the Liverpool Hope thread haha! I'm LJMU, did you get sorted? I want to live in halls just wanna make sure I'm definitely not with first years!
hcallaghan94
Rep:
?
Haha no worries! No still not sorted are you? I'd rather live in a house I've been in halls & lived in a house at uni & I prefer a house but yeah that's my issue trying to find people who are doing a similar degree!
Jellybean26!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

I will be starting a pgde primary course with LJMU and also looking to move into a house. I'm moving from Ireland and have been told smithdown, aigburth, weaver tree are the sort of areas that are ideal for pgce students. Have u been to look at any yet?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prodigy Living
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi All,

For quieter private accommodation have you considered Great Newton House? Just off Lower Gill Street, it's less than a 10 minute walk to campus.
Prices are from £119 per week, and is inclusive of all bills (including TV license, and up to 100mb Wi-Fi throughout).

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
JMillea
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi All,

I just saw this post, and though I may be late, I might be able to help out. I'm moving out of my current accommodation this August (I'm moving it with my other half) and so it will be free for this coming September (2015). It's a self contained, high specification, en-suite, and fully furnished studio apartment. The rent is £100pw, and that includes all bills. It's just a 10 minute walk from the campuses in Liverpool, and just 10 minutes from town. While it is a studio, there is still plenty of chance to interact with the other people in the building, while still getting to have your privacy. If you like you can call me on 07947 632609 and I could chat to you about the place and set up a viewing with the estate agent (I can be there too if you like). Or you can send me a message through this.

As a postgrad this place was ideal. It gave me enough privacy and freedom to really concentrate on my studies.

Hopefully this is of some help to someone!!

J
Shannon15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi people, I am going to be attending Edge hill university for my pgce but I rather live in Liverpool. If anyone needs a flat mate, let me know. I'm from Ireland too and would prefer to live with other pgce students.
Vita Student
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Shannon15)
Hi people, I am going to be attending Edge hill university for my pgce but I rather live in Liverpool. If anyone needs a flat mate, let me know. I'm from Ireland too and would prefer to live with other pgce students.
Hey Shannon15

Congratulations on gaining a place onto your PGCE course at Edge Hill University. Choosing to live in Liverpool is a great idea. Vita Student Liverpool is located right near the train stations and close to bus stops if you wish to take the small commute.

Our accommodation is very popular with PGCE and MSc students. Our affordable, luxury self contained studio apartments mean you have your own space to concentrate on your studies and placements. Everything is inclusive, television, TV license, weekly cleaning service, free breakfasts, gym membership and so much more.

Would you like to pop in and view our accommodation or have a Skype viewing if you are unable to view in person?

Sophie
http://www.vitastudent.com/locations/liverpool/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Liverpool Hope University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
    Sat, 2 Nov '19
    Wed, 4 Dec '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (534)
59.4%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed