The Student Room Group

Which University, Liverpool or Newcastle?

Hello! I can not decide on a uni:frown: I have offers from both to do Business Management. My offer from Liverpool is significantly higher then Newcastle, but i think i slightly prefer the course at Liverpool.
Can somebody give me some insight into these Universities as i haven't been able to visit either, and in your opinion which uni is nicer and more student friendly…

Thanks!
Original post by Chlowah
Hello! I can not decide on a uni:frown: I have offers from both to do Business Management. My offer from Liverpool is significantly higher then Newcastle, but i think i slightly prefer the course at Liverpool.
Can somebody give me some insight into these Universities as i haven't been able to visit either, and in your opinion which uni is nicer and more student friendly…

Thanks!

They are both similar in reputation. Newcastle seems like a better option though but I don't know why I say that. Are you deciding to firm out of the 2? If you are you might as well firm the lower offer which is Newcastle to be on the safe side. If you're firming/insuring for those 2 only then you might as well firm Liverpool and insure Newcastle as you said you prefer the Liverpool course.
Reply 2
Original post by Raymat
They are both similar in reputation. Newcastle seems like a better option though but I don't know why I say that. Are you deciding to firm out of the 2? If you are you might as well firm the lower offer which is Newcastle to be on the safe side. If you're firming/insuring for those 2 only then you might as well firm Liverpool and insure Newcastle as you said you prefer the Liverpool course.

Yes, I'm deciding which to firm and insure. I am not sure about Newcastle and Liverpool cities as a place though, I've heard Newcastle is good for nightlife but not much about Liverpool.
Reply 3
I'm having the same issue :frown: but I've applied for Primary Teaching! It's such a difficult decision:frown:
Reply 4
I've heard that Newcastle Campus is nicer then Liverpool and the accomodation is better. I'm just not sure. :frown:
Hi,

Obviously I'm biased, but I know which one I'd pick... :wink:

I graduated from Newcastle Uni in 2014 - I'm originally from the South East but I've lived here for 10 years so I can help answer questions about the city and student life. My colleague Rachel, who also posts from this official account, is a current student in the Business School so I'm sure she can help if you have course-related questions :smile:

Newcastle is regularly voted one of the best - if not the best - student cities in the UK. There's a big student population so there's always plenty going on.

The city has a reputation for great nightlife, so if that's your thing you will find a club, bar, or gig venue to cater for your taste On the other hand, there's also a thriving arts and cultural scene, and the city has a lot of beautiful historical architecture.

Newcastle is one of the safest cities in the UK for students according to the Complete University Guide and has a well-deserved reputation for Geordie friendliness :smile: Like Liverpool, we have our own underground train system (The Metro) and you can get a student discount on monthly or annual passes.

You can find out a bit more about the city on our website here
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/newcastle/ and you might find some useful perspectives in our student blogs
http://www.oncourse2ncl.co.uk/category/student-life/student-blogs/

Hope that helps, if you've got questions about anything in particular let us know!

Persephone
Reply 6
Original post by Chlowah

Thanks!

hi @Chlowah hope ths finds you well :smile: I read your post about which business school is better between liverpool or newcastle and as now I'm in your exact situation (but for a master) I was wonderting what did you choose at the end ? which one was better for you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending