The Student Room Group

What age after uni did you move out your parents house?

I hate living with parents-after uni cannot go back and live there will die!!!!!!
I'll be moving out to rent a few months after I graduate for my new job and I doubt I'll ever permanently live with my parents again after that. I really like being at home (the good outweighs the bad for me) so it's for convenience that I'm moving out as I will be closer to my job.
I mostly moved out before the end of my masters as i was half moved into my partner's house. But I 'officially' moved out in the November. So handed in my diss in September, moved into my own flat in the November.
My room at my parents house got fully cleared and redecorated about 10 months later when my partner and I bought our house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I plan to go back home for hopefully no more than a year after I finish uni. Hopefully manage to find any job straight away (and look for career progression ones while working) and save up most of my money so that I can have a safety net of money for when I do move out.
I was 18 when I moved out, and I was still at sixth form college.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I was 18 when I moved out, and I was still at sixth form college.

With your boyfriend? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I moved away for a new job at the start of August after graduating, so I haven't really lived at home properly since starting uni :smile:
Reply 7
18. Went off to uni and never came back to live with them.
Original post by coconuthead--
With your boyfriend? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

at the time he was my fiancé.
Original post by Ezisola
18. Went off to uni and never came back to live with them.

My plan exactly:yy::yy::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coconuthead--
My plan exactly:yy::yy::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I highly recommend it as long as you're not trying to save for a house deposit. Otherwise its a lot of wasted rental money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending