The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Unis - Nursing?

Right...
should I go to glasgow university or Glasgow Caledonian? I have offers for both. Can someone give me the pros and cons of both?
For the same subject? Glasgow Uni is superior in every aspect. ..at least in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I mean GCU is the one I want to go to btw 😂
Well this is awkward..

There is nothing wrong with GCU as a uni. It's got some great facilities and good quality programmes.

It's just difficult to compare the two because Glasgow Uni is on a very different level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glasgow cali is generally where you go when you don't get into glasgow... Im not saying it's bad, a few friends go there and the halls are nice, it's just not considered the greatest aha
Why do you want to go to GCU over glasgow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please can you confirm whether you're asking about a specific subject or just in general?

If a subject, please include it in your OP so we can get this in a better part of the forums.

Both courses are for general Nursing btw. :smile:
Reasons I want to go to Cali more:

More central
Glasgow is too far out
I like Cali as it is has good facilities
Both course are similar really...HELP
Original post by gingerbiscuits2

More central
Glasgow is too far out

Glasgow is in the heart of the west end. Hardly far away, besides its only a 5-7 minute subway ride from Buchanan street in the city centre.

Don't choose Caley over Glasgow just because it's more convenient. (Besides convenience is dependent on where you choose to live).

As for facilities. For every good one that Caley has, the chances are Glasgow will have a better equivalent.

Rankings are by no means everything that makes up the quality of a uni but Glasgow is in the top 100 for a reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I had unconditional for both Glasgow uni and Gcal for nursing. Without a doubt I picked glasgow! It's amazing! id say a major difference org the courses is that you do more science in the glasgow course compared to Gcal. I personally find that beneficial as I love science and also when I nurse I want to understand why I'm nursing. Hope this helps!
Original post by gingerbiscuits2

More central
Glasgow is too far out

1) Central to where? the hub of glasgow is the west end, the city centre is ok, but the west end is the bohemian cosmopolitan thinking mans centre of the city, and where most of its real life takes place.

2) The facilities at Cali are undoubtable good.

Why i would choose glasgow (personally):
1) ancient university with worldwide reputation.
2) smaller course, with a more personal feel.
3) much much great academic emphasis (if you ever want to be a ward sister or nurse prescriber i cannot emphasise enough how important that is(.
4) the university is brilliant.
5) the west end is amazing.

Most people would argue that glasgow is a vastly superior uni, that is not to say however, that the teaching at Cali isnt excellent, nor does it produce substandard nurses, all the ones i have worked with have been top notch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending