The Student Room Group

Partial depolarisation threshold

I'm curious as to what everyone on the Biology AQA syllabus has been taught about the partial depolarisation threshold of an action potential. We have been taught that it is at -30mv however I'm doing nervous system revision using the Crash Course videos and that is saying that its -55mv? I don't know if the exact figure is necessary in the exam but they're both a far cry from each other and I don't want to risk losing marks over it. Anyone any ideas?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Different cells/neurones around the body have different depolarisation thresholds, hence the different values. DP of a neurone may well be vastly different from the DP of a cardiac cell.

Use whichever value your textbook/markscheme says to be on the safe side :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by emilyjaaayne
I'm curious as to what everyone on the Biology AQA syllabus has been taught about the partial depolarisation threshold of an action potential. We have been taught that it is at -30mv however I'm doing nervous system revision using the Crash Course videos and that is saying that its -55mv? I don't know if the exact figure is necessary in the exam but they're both a far cry from each other and I don't want to risk losing marks over it. Anyone any ideas?

The biology AQA syllabus doesn't specify a value so don't worry about it.

All you need to know is why depolarisation occurs and what happens after it and how messages are sent to and from the CNS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending