The Student Room Group

University forgot about me? :(

I am waiting for Warwick to reply since October , have they forgotten about me? Is there a deadline for replies?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Contact them and ask for an update on your application. They will let you know what stage they are at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stark95
I am waiting for Warwick to reply since October , have they forgotten about me? Is there a deadline for replies?

If I remember correctly they actually technically have till about the beginning of May, even though it is unusual to hear that late. As the previous poster has said it may be worth emailing to ask what stage your application is at.
Reply 3
Original post by Stark95

Just be patient. Contacting them will only annoy them as I'm sure you are not the only one who has not got their offer. I heard in school that if you sent off your application before the deadline which you clearly did then they should reply before 31st March. Good luck :smile: I know what the waiting is like!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been waiting for exactly 2 months for Southampton. Feels like forever.
It's entirely reasonable to send a quick and polite email to enquire about the status of your application and when you might hear back.
Reply 6
Original post by Origami Bullets
It's entirely reasonable to send a quick and polite email to enquire about the status of your application and when you might hear back.

The thing is I had already written to them in January 😰 They may reject me out of anger lol
Reply 7
Original post by Stark95
The thing is I had already written to them in January 😰 They may reject me out of anger lol

Lol they can't reject you over that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by r-t
Lol they can't reject you over that haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha 👍😄 Thanks 😅
Original post by Stark95

They won't - they're not that petty.

They receive hundreds of emails each week from prospective students. Unless you wrote something really rude or stupid in your first email, they're unlikely to even remember you did email in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stark95

I applied to Keele to do Psychology on the 9th of October 2014 and I only heard back on 11th of March. It was Psychology with a Social Science Foundation Year and a lot of people applied for it. So it made sense for Keele to take that long.
Original post by Stark95
The thing is I had already written to them in January They may reject me out of anger lol

They wont. Did they respond to your email? If not then following up is perfectly reasonable. I'd suggest phoning if you've already tried email.

Ask when you phone for the name and job title of who you're speaking to (just start with "I am phoning with a couple of questions about my application. Can I ask who I am talking to?" And follow that up with "can I also ask what your job title is?" This is 100% normal for official phone calls).
Fwiw: universities are ASKED to respond to pre-deadline applications by 31 March. They don't HAVE to respond until early May.
Reply 13
With Warwick, when you ring, you get to their admissions centre. There'll be a person there for your course, so just ask for them ('Hi, could I talk to X admissions), and then ask for an update on your application.
You should definitely contact them. When I applied for Uni, I didn't here for months and it did panic me as everyone else was getting their replies. Once I rang them up (I actually had to do this a couple of times because it took so long), I felt more reassured. I think I had a reply in April 2014 (?).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ringing Warwick up is a better solution than sending an email since emails can be spam email. I sent Keele an email and they never got backe to me! Don't know why but I got an offer in the end.
I had the same problem with York. I emailed them and heard back the same day. I would recommend contacting admissions just to see where your application is at.
Reply 17
Original post by Stark95

Did they reply in January? If not, your email may have been spammed, so calling them would be a better bet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone got an offer for accounting and finance? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by jneill
Did they reply in January? If not, your email may have been spammed, so calling them would be a better bet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They did :P
Should I email them then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending