The Student Room Group

An exam or test you really enjoyed?

Scroll to see replies

The English test I took last week.
AS psychology first year thought it went really well came out with an E lol. After retaking AS again I thought the same thing and I got over double the amount of UMS and so I think I got 62/140 UMS the first year and 128UMS the second year. :biggrin:

I was also really happy (not in the exams) when I received my maths and English GCSE's. I was predicted at GCSE to get UUU (before I started year 10) in maths, English Lit and Lang but came out with BBC which was probably my greatest achievement.

Funny thing is I was always bad at both English and Maths but I actually really enjoyed them both and really wanted to do well in these two subjects. I guess that was why I got the grades because despite my poor ability I really tried to get good grades in these exams. TSR Students are probably going like what? You got BBC I would be livid with that, these subjects are easy to get an A* but in all honesty BBC in these three subjects meant the world to me:smile:.
IB at Maths, solved most exercises in 2/3 methods and checked twice, was not allowed to leave the room cos it wasn't the middle of the exam yet.

I enjoyed it until I found that some classmates got an almost perfect score, which they definitely didn't deserve. I remember one particular girl, she got 98%, her mistake: she said the distance between A to B is -2. And she argued with me for 15 mins and didn't believe me it's impossible. Grade inflation at its best!
Original post by kingdoo
AS psychology first year thought it went really well came out with an E lol. After retaking AS again I thought the same thing and I got over double the amount of UMS and so I think I got 62/140 UMS the first year and 128UMS the second year. :biggrin:

I was also really happy (not in the exams) when I received my maths and English GCSE's. I was predicted at GCSE to get UUU (before I started year 10) in maths, English Lit and Lang but came out with BBC which was probably my greatest achievement.

Funny thing is I was always bad at both English and Maths but I actually really enjoyed them both and really wanted to do well in these two subjects. I guess that was why I got the grades because despite my poor ability I really tried to get good grades in these exams. TSR Students are probably going like what? You got BBC I would be livid with that, these subjects are easy to get an A* but in all honesty BBC in these three subjects meant the world to me:smile:.

You should be proud of getting that, well done! I got my gcse let's see how that goes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I have already exceeded my normal ability by getting ABB at AS although it was after retaking a year but my first years results were still better than a lot of people who either retook the year with me or who carried onto A2. I got BBCE first year of AS.

But thanks very much and yeah maybe I can push myself to get AAA at A2 although I only need ABB to get into my chosen uni. :biggrin:
When you say murdered a paper? Do you mean tearing it in two, screaming that you love the mujaheddin and wish the invigilator shoved RPG's up your arse before proceeding to run out the exam hall whilst stripping down naked then yes I have. It was the Biology summer exam of 2013 GCSE. Good times, good times indeed..
Reply 26
Original post by Indeterminate
STEP III in June 2012 - loved the paper and ended up getting a grade 1 :biggrin:

*bows down*
Original post by dumb cabbage
You should be proud of getting that, well done! I got my gcse let's see how that goes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, and good luck on your GCSE results.

You will do fine especially if you are putting the work in then I am pretty sure you will exceed your expectations. :smile:
I enjoyed most of my alevel exams since I nailed as level and only needed Cs to get an A overall. Also I loved how stressed everyone else was and how calm and assured i looked. I particularily enjoyed A level Biology Unifying Concepts. Everyone was like ... Omg it's so hard, I was like...lol this is child's play.
I came out of my last exam, a GCSE P3 exam feeling really happy because it went so well. I think I got full UMS because the P1 and P2 papers didn't go so well and I got an A* overall.
Well, although technically my Baccalaureate should be international (because honestly, you really have no word for my examination, guys), apparently it's different (Imperial nicely enough changed it's web page after I applied and they stated the Romanian requirements. Yes, I applied guessing what A* and A mean) [And I guessed wrong, hehe:colondollar:]. Anyway, we have 3 difficulty levels for the Maths exam, we had to take the hardest one.
Reply 31
A2 English Literature exam, it was closed text - so remembering Chaucer and Shakespeare quotes was fun. Ended up with 110/120 UMS :smile:
I don't do maths or English anymore, although if I had developed faster then I wish I could have continued them. But thanks for the advice and I am not getting too complacent (Well at least I hope I'm not:wink:). When I said 'I only need xxx' it was more the fact that I would be so happy with BBB so while I am putting the work in to try and achieve better grades anything in the range of BBB-AAA would amazing and I would be so proud of myself.

Even if I slip I will be proud with whatever I achieve because I will know that I put in the work and so I should just be proud with whatever I achieve in life.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
had an AS level exam in religious studies, thought it was piss easy, even enjoyed packet of skittles in mid way through the exam: got a C.

took an AS exam in ocr history s few days later, super stressed throughout, thought i'd scrape a c, got full marks.
AQA AS Biology, BIOL 1 (Unit 1) May 2014
100/100, it was a solid paper
Original post by Gott
The add maths exam, all but about 6 sweats flunked it and just put their heads on the desk and kipped for 2 hours. It was a much needed rest during mock week. Some people wrote short stories, although I actually attempted everything but concluded **** this **** and put my head on the table

Did you even A?

The curve is so easy for add maths lol 61 for an A, kk easy A :biggrin:
Original post by Gott
I don't do maths, I got a B at GCSE

did you do additional maths fsmq?

I thought this is what you were saying?
Original post by Gott
No additional maths FSMQ, not A level

Oh ok, sorry.
I went straight from C3 into FP1. I think I rushed C3 because I knew I still had a whole exam left to do.

I got 90% in C3 and 100% in FP1.
Reply 39
Edexcel C2. Learnt the geometric proof the night before because it hadn't come up in the past 5 years and it came up. Full ums. So happy I went to the bathroom to tug one out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending