The Student Room Group

Lied on Ucas about job

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

'Fess up
Seriously, why would you lie about a job

It's not like it strengthens her application...

Jesus :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Da Di Doo
Because she is a **** who decided last minute to go to uni. What do student finance even use the NI number for?

No

Lmao then she's ****ed m8 :smile:

What's the point of doing that anyway, I reckon she's not even smart enough for uni cos that's the most stupid thing ever. At least lie about something that could strengthen the application pahahahah.
Im not sure tbh. Maybe they can calculate her wages from that or something to see if she qualifies for bursaries and that type of stuff :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by soanonymous
Lmao then she's ****ed m8 :smile:

What's the point of doing that anyway, I reckon she's not even smart enough for uni cos that's the most stupid thing ever. At least lie about something that could strengthen the application pahahahah.

She got DDE without extenuating circumstances and still got accepted into BBB courses. She doesn't need to be smart, she's one lucky female dog.
(edited 9 years ago)
no problem they will not check up it's just for admin i think
Reply 7
My friend lied about having a job on her application.

For student finance they want her NI number. What should she do?

She'll have to give it to them. There isn't much that she can do. She will just have to hope that they don't add up the dots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend lied about having a job on her application.

For student finance they want her NI number. What should she do?

Spoiler

She's finished.
Reply 9
Could she not just say she left/got fired if they did ask (not that they will)
Original post by nickeeta

Why are you encouraging the OP's friend to lie... :/
Reply 11
Original post by Anonynmous

I just think it's being turned into a way bigger issue than it needs to be? Like yah, it was stupid but as people above said, it in no way enhances her application so at the end of the day it literally doesn't matter.
I just think it's being turned into a way bigger issue than it needs to be? Like yah, it was stupid but as people above said, it in no way enhances her application so at the end of the day it literally doesn't matter.

You're not sure though.

UCAS and admissions are getting smarter, gone are the days where you can easily skip out a grade, they will find out.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Reply 13

Be quiet, he's helping us.

But she has never worked and won't that show up?? I did some googling and found out that the NI number is only needed so that when you do get a job after university that's how they get their money back... So I'm kinda hoping that they won't really use the number now..?

You're not sure though.

UCAS and admissions are getting smarter, gone are the days where you can easily skip out a grade, they will find out.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Trust me that's not true.
Reply 14
But she has never worked and won't that show up?? I did some googling and found out that the NI number is only needed so that when you do get a job after university that's how they get their money back... So I'm kinda hoping that they won't really use the number now..?

Yah, I'm pretty sure it's to do with afterwards/paying you your finance throughout as opposed to checking on your income so I'm pretty sure your friend will be fine
Be quiet, he's helping us.

Trust me that's not true.

I do hope your "friend" gets caught xD
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
I do hope your "friend" gets caught xD

No she won't, I can assure you. I fixed it... Sorry :smile:
Reply 17
No she won't, I can assure you. I fixed it... Sorry :smile:

How did you fix it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by r-t
How did you fix it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the student finance application it says 'share information with university.' It was already ticked but she unticked it.
thanks for telling me. i was just about to give your friend an offer. gonna report her now.

Quick Reply

Latest