The Student Room Group

failed as chemistry isa? HELP URGENT PLS PLS PSSS

Okay so i did the experiment for the isa today, everyone said it was an easy one but i am pretty sure my results are wrong. My results increased and it was supposed to decrease im pretty sure?? Also i dont think i drew a good results table, i wasnt sure what to include.

Is it still possible to get a good grade in the second half if your results are wrong?

Is it possible to get a good overall grade still?

I really want a B for my overall as and the isa is worth 20%, if i fail the isa will this majorly knock down my grade if i was to get a B in the actual exam? :frown: will i still be able to get a B? Damn im so sad considering this one was supposed to be and easy one
I'm sure you've done better than you think.

Put it to one side and focus on what you can do to get the best grade possible now. It'll all average out, so you'll need to work harder now if you have done poorly (but you can always resit next year if need be).
If you're on Edexcel you have multiple attempts at it so you can relax. I did an ISA in chem as well, all my classmates said they had one thing whereas my results said the opposite. Then I got 14/14 on that ISA part.. so keep your head up:tongue:
Original post by jshep000
If you're on Edexcel you have multiple attempts at it so you can relax. I did an ISA in chem as well, all my classmates said they had one thing whereas my results said the opposite. Then I got 14/14 on that ISA part.. so keep your head up:tongue:

Im on aqa, i know im able to do a second one but im just upset cause this experiment was so easy compared to usual ones so i think ive missed my shot :/
Original post by helloiamconfused
Im on aqa, i know im able to do a second one but im just upset cause this experiment was so easy compared to usual ones so i think ive missed my shot :/

Did the teacher tell you that the temperature was meant to decrease? If he didn't specifically, I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure your teacher goes over your next experiment well, and you make sure you've researched on what is meant to happen before you have to attempt the experiment.
Reply 5
Okay so i did the experiment for the isa today, everyone said it was an easy one but i am pretty sure my results are wrong. My results increased and it was supposed to decrease im pretty sure?? Also i dont think i drew a good results table, i wasnt sure what to include.

Is it still possible to get a good grade in the second half if your results are wrong?

I really want a B for my overall as and the isa is worth 20%, if i fail the isa will this majorly knock down my grade if i was to get a B in the actual exam? :frown: will i still be able to get a B? Damn im so sad considering this one was supposed to be and easy one

I think you should try to keep your cool as much as possible. That was definitely part of my downfall last year . I got an E in the ISA but I still got a B overall :tongue: I was really disappointed but I kinda knew I had failed it so I focused on the exams.So it's still possible :biggrin:

Even if you think you have messed up the practical part there are so many more marks to gain in the ISA paper.Just focus on that, G'luck !

dont worry too much about it
focus on your written paper now
practice chapter 2 mainly calculations such as moles etc
usually come up on all ISA's
Original post by jshep000
Did the teacher tell you that the temperature was meant to decrease? If he didn't specifically, I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure your teacher goes over your next experiment well, and you make sure you've researched on what is meant to happen before you have to attempt the experiment.

It was the mass, the scales told me that the mass was increasing which didnt make much sense to me but i didnt want to lie about the results and i'm 99.9% positive that it was means to decrease.
Original post by Aifas77
I think you should try to keep your cool as much as possible. That was definitely part of my downfall last year . I got an E in the ISA but I still got a B overall :tongue: I was really disappointed but I kinda knew I had failed it so I focused on the exams.So it's still possible :biggrin:

Even if you think you have messed up the practical part there are so many more marks to gain in the ISA paper.Just focus on that, G'luck !

What grade/how well did you do in the actual exam? I think im only capable of getting a B so i reckon that my isa score could take me down to a C which would be so upsetting
Reply 9
What grade/how well did you do in the actual exam? I think im only capable of getting a B so i reckon that my isa score could take me down to a C which would be so upsetting

high B's in both Unit 1 and 2.You honestly shouldn't sell yourself so short!
The practical part is usually around 8-6 marks which is not a lot out of 50 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest